Getting handle to window launched with Shell
Author Message
 Getting handle to window launched with Shell

Hello,
How can I get a handle to a window for an app I'm launching with the Shell
command?  I see that Shell returns the Task ID, but I'm not sure what that
is or what I can do with it.  The only way I know how to get a handle to a
window is if I already know the Widnow's title and use FindWindow API, but
I won't always know the window's title in my case.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
David Eddy

Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting handle to window launched with Shell

Hello,
How can I get a handle to a window for an app I'm launching with the Shell
command?  I see that Shell returns the Task ID, but I'm not sure what that
is or what I can do with it.  The only way I know how to get a handle to a
window is if I already know the Widnow's title and use FindWindow API, but
I won't always know the window's title in my case.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
David Eddy

Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting handle to window launched with Shell

2. Cant get a handle to the Window launched by Shell() command

3. Getting Window handle with Shell Instance; GetWindowWord problem

4. Launching Windows 3.x with a VB4 app as shell

5. Launching hidden windows: CreateProcess vs. Shell

6. Find Window handle (HWND) from a shelled Process ID

7. Get window handle of shelled app in VB5

8. VB4 how do I get the handle to the window of a shelled dos box

9. Finding the Windows shell handle?

10. need to convert shell instance id to window handle

11. Getting Windows Handle

12. Problem getting handle of a child window