VB MAPI control: explicit download/connect now for MS-MAIL Remote
Author Message
 VB MAPI control: explicit download/connect now for MS-MAIL Remote

The MAPI-control does not have any methods to execute the commands
"Download Mail" or "ConnectNow" as they can be found in the menues of
MS-Mail and MS-Mail Remote. The download is done automatically at
SignOn.

I need to find a function/sub/DLL proc &c. that allows me to execute
this command from the code while beeing logged on to a MAPI session (in
the same way you do it when you use the MS-Mail program).

Does anybody know name and definition of the DLL-function (maybe in
MSRMTUI.DLL) and how to use it in combination with the VB MAPI control.

Thanx for help.

Volker

Fri, 22 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB MAPI control: explicit download/connect now for MS-MAIL Remote

Quote:

> The MAPI-control does not have any methods to execute the commands
> "Download Mail" or "ConnectNow" as they can be found in the menues of
> MS-Mail and MS-Mail Remote. The download is done automatically at
> SignOn.

> I need to find a function/sub/DLL proc &c. that allows me to execute
> this command from the code while beeing logged on to a MAPI session (in
> the same way you do it when you use the MS-Mail program).

> Does anybody know name and definition of the DLL-function (maybe in
> MSRMTUI.DLL) and how to use it in combination with the VB MAPI control.

> Thanx for help.

> Volker

I tried sothing new today with my VB/MAPI stuff.

When SESS.LOGONUI=FALSE and you SESS.ACTION=1 (login) - and MSMail (or Exchange) is NOT loaded, you get an error.
When SESS.LOGONUI=FALSE and you SESS.ACTION=1 (login) - and MSMail (or Exchange) is loaded, you get a good connect and then you
have to wait for MSMail to poll for new mail ect.

however...

When SESS.LOGONUI=TRUE and you SESS.ACTION=1 (login) - and MSMail (or Exchange) is NOT loaded, you get dialog box (no good).
When SESS.LOGONUI=TRUE and you SESS.ACTION=1 (login) - and MSMail (or Exchange) is loaded, you get a good connect and then you get
a message "checking for new mail" !!!!.

So what I did...
on error goto ercode
SESS.LOGONUI=FALSE
SESS.ACTION=1 'login. If MSMail not loaded then error will happen
SESS.ACTION=2 'logoff
SESS.LOGONUI=TRUE
SESS.ACTION=1 'login. Seems to automatically check for new mail.
.... more code ect
exit sub
:ERCODE
'mail not loaded could not logon

Hope this helps.

Mon, 25 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB MAPI controls to MS Mail

2. Downloading Mail into Outlook (Internet Controls and MAPI?)

3. Downloading Mail into Outlook (Internet Controls and MAPI?)

4. VB6 MAPI controls and MS Mail

5. MAPI control can't deliver mail with MS Outlook 6.0

6. MS Active X control downloads OK but home grown Active X Control will not download

7. MS Active X control downloads OK but home grown Active X Control will not download

8. VB 5.0, MAPI & MS Mail

9. MAPI unable to download new mail

10. Downloading attachment from MAPI mail message

11. MAPI - How do I download E-mails automatically

12. Help with MAPI and MSMail Remote needed - Urgent!!