how to capture input from com port??
Author Message
 how to capture input from com port??

i m doing a project on handwriting recognition and need to capture real time
data input onto the screen from the com port. how can i do that??? and how
can i convert this input data later into pixels of 1 and 0 within the
defined window??? what about linking the data file with C++ later??

can anyone out there pls help.....thanks

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 how to capture input from com port??
It sounds like you may need to write a custom app to do what you want
to do.
The company that I work for sells a serial communications tool called
the Software Wedge that may be a good tool for what you want to do.
Visit http://www.taltech.com for more information.

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998 17:49:04 +0800, "HO CHOON BENG"

Quote:

>i m doing a project on handwriting recognition and need to capture real time
>data input onto the screen from the com port. how can i do that??? and how
>can i convert this input data later into pixels of 1 and 0 within the
>defined window??? what about linking the data file with C++ later??

>can anyone out there pls help.....thanks

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Capturing Data Through Com Port

2. Capturing Data via a COM Port VB6

3. Com Port Capture

4. Need help with input from com port.

5. Spurious input in Com Port

6. Printer output messes with COM port input?

7. Use of the MSComm32 control to input data from the com port #1

8. Stream input from COM port using MS COMM control: example requested

9. Printer output messes with COM port input???

10. Input from a com port

11. Finding COM Ports - Mouse dies when VB talks to its COM Port

12. VB4.0 sending commands to rs232 (com port) and printer port