Communication with serial ports using Visual Basic...
Author Message
 Communication with serial ports using Visual Basic...

Is it possible to communicate with serial ports via a Visual Basic
program? I just need to look at the values coming over the serial port
and make some decision based on that then perhaps send a signal over
another serial port.

Any help would be much appreciated :-)

R Wilcock

Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:22:48 GMT
 Communication with serial ports using Visual Basic...

Quote:

>Is it possible to communicate with serial ports via a Visual Basic
>program? I just need to look at the values coming over the serial port
>and make some decision based on that then perhaps send a signal over
>another serial port.

>Any help would be much appreciated :-)

>R Wilcock

Look in help for the MSCOMM control.

VB3 source code: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/vbsource.html
VB6 source code: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/vb6source.html
VB6 - MySQL how to: http://thelabwiz.home.mindspring.com/mysql.html
Fix the obvious to reply by email.

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 08:40:45 GMT

1. Serial Communications using Visual Basic

2. Using Visual Basic for Excel 97 to communicate with Serial Port

3. serial port communication under WIN95 using VB

4. Problems with using the control MSComm for serial port communication

5. ANN: Mabry's Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 3rd Edition

6. WTB: visual basic programmer's guide to serial communications (UK)

7. binary serial communications (Visual Basic 6.0) sample program ?

8. Visual basic serial communication

9. Visual Basic Serial Communications

10. Visual Basic Serial Port Handshake Question.

11. Visual Basic Serial Port Handshake Question.

12. SERIAL PORT and VISUAL BASIC