Reading serial port
Author Message
 Reading serial port

I have to write a program to get some data out of an older installation.
That installation has a serial printer output.  All the data that I require
is send to that serial printer.  Now I was thinking to connect this output
to the com port of my PC.  Is it possible in VB to read this HEX code from
the serial port and convert it into readable text?  Can anyone advise me on
a good book concerning this subject?

                                Thanks for your answers
                                        Reekmans Jos

Sat, 13 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. DLL for reading serial port data

2. Reading Serial ports

3. Reading Serial Port

4. Problems reading serial port in WIN NT

5. Reading Serial Port Buffers

6. Comm Overrun when playing sound while reading serial port (VB4.0)

7. Read Serial Port in VB.Net

8. Read Serial port in VB.Net?

9. How to loop comm port control to read text files through serial port in VB3

10. I/O port, Parallel port, Serial port

11. How do I read my serial port using Access VBA

12. Read and Write to Serial Ports?