Error 429 - Licencing
Author Message
 Error 429 - Licencing

Many causes are possible (datacontrols are very suspected - see MSDN), but
it might also be something trivial as using a scripting function
(FileSystem, perhaps?).

The scripting runtime files are not included in the setup package
automatically, you have to add scrrun.dll (from system dir) yourself.

John

Malcolm Slade heeft geschreven in bericht ...

Quote:
>On some very few occasions when my app's exe is run on a user's machine
very
>near the start of the program and just after the user has entered some text
>into a text box and click on a command button, the userr gets
>Run-time error 429
>You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality

>Is this message a symptom of something else, such as incompatibility
between
>common system files or is there really a licencing problem (I don't think
>so).  If it is a licencing problem how do I find out what is causing it.

>Any help would be most appreciated.

>Malcolm Slade

Sun, 08 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 429 - Licencing
On some very few occasions when my app's exe is run on a user's machine very
near the start of the program and just after the user has entered some text
into a text box and click on a command button, the userr gets
Run-time error 429
You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality

Is this message a symptom of something else, such as incompatibility between
common system files or is there really a licencing problem (I don't think
so).  If it is a licencing problem how do I find out what is causing it.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Malcolm Slade

Mon, 09 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 429 - Licencing
I had that runtimeerror also on other machines than the one I made the apps.
In my case it is a problem with DAO 3.6 (you need it for sure on machines
with Office 2000 installed on) and means "Cant't create object".
Maybe it' a clue to you?
But my Problem is still there so I try to translate it for this Newsgroup:

I'm writing a programm that converts dBase files into the contact-folder of
Outlook 2000.
On my machine is Outlook 2000 installed.
When on the target machine O98 is installed and no VB-Environment I get
runtimeerror 429
The line that makes the error is:
.
Set olNameSpace = OutlookApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")

Could somebody help please?
Hopefully, Detlev

Quote:
> On some very few occasions when my app's exe is run on a user's machine
very
> near the start of the program and just after the user has entered some
text
> into a text box and click on a command button, the userr gets
> Run-time error 429
> You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality

> Is this message a symptom of something else, such as incompatibility
between
> common system files or is there really a licencing problem (I don't think
> so).  If it is a licencing problem how do I find out what is causing it.

> Any help would be most appreciated.

> Malcolm Slade

Mon, 09 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 429 - Licencing

Quote:

>On some very few occasions when my app's exe is run on a user's machine
very
>near the start of the program and just after the user has entered some text
>into a text box and click on a command button, the userr gets
>Run-time error 429
>You do not have an appropriate license to use this functionality

>Is this message a symptom of something else, such as incompatibility
between
>common system files or is there really a licencing problem (I don't think
>so).  If it is a licencing problem how do I find out what is causing it.

>Any help would be most appreciated.

>Malcolm Slade

Vbc.exe Fixes VB 5.0 Control Installation Problem
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q181/8/54.asp
Symptom I) License Information For This Component Not Found.
You Do Not Have An Appropriate License To Use This Functionality In The
Design Environment.
Symptom II) Compile Error : Permission Denied
Symptom III) Runtime Error '429' : ActiveX Component Can't Create Object.

Or

VB6Cli.exe http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q194/7/51.asp
Symptom I) License Information For This Component Not Found.
You Do Not Have An Appropriate License To Use This Functionality In The
Design Environment.
Symptom II) Compile Error : Permission Denied
Symptom III) 60: method ~ of Object ~ failed
Symptom IV) Runtime Error '429' : ActiveX Component Can't Create Object.

Other resources look for Error Messages (Visual Basic) on my home page.

Henri Leboeuf

Mon, 09 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 429 - Licencing

Quote:

> >Malcolm Slade

> Vbc.exe Fixes VB 5.0 Control Installation Problem
> http://www.*-*-*.com/
> /54.asp
> Symptom I) License Information For This Component Not
> Found.
> You Do Not Have An Appropriate License To Use This
> Functionality In The
> Design Environment.
> Symptom II) Compile Error : Permission Denied
> Symptom III) Runtime Error '429' : ActiveX Component
> Can't Create Object.
> Or
> VB6Cli.exe
> http://www.*-*-*.com/
> /51.asp
> Symptom I) License Information For This Component Not
> Found.
> You Do Not Have An Appropriate License To Use This
> Functionality In The
> Design Environment.
> Symptom II) Compile Error : Permission Denied
> Symptom III) 60: method ~ of Object ~ failed
> Symptom IV) Runtime Error '429' : ActiveX Component
> Can't Create Object.
> Other resources look for Error Messages (Visual Basic)
> on my home page.
> Henri Leboeuf
> Web page: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~hleboeuf/index.htm

I also found this info helpful, thanks! Might you have any
similar info on Visual FoxPro{*filter*} around or know who
would? I am receiving an error "cannot locate visual foxpro
support library" when running an exe on another machine. I
beleive I'm missing a dll but cannot figure out which one!

* Sent from AltaVista http://www.*-*-*.com/ Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is Beautiful

Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 429 - Licencing

Quote:

>> >Malcolm Slade

>> Vbc.exe Fixes VB 5.0 Control Installation Problem
>> http://www.*-*-*.com/
>> /54.asp
>> Symptom I) License Information For This Component Not
>> Found.
>> You Do Not Have An Appropriate License To Use This
>> Functionality In The
>> Design Environment.
>> Symptom II) Compile Error : Permission Denied
>> Symptom III) Runtime Error '429' : ActiveX Component
>> Can't Create Object.
>> Or
>> VB6Cli.exe
>> http://www.*-*-*.com/
>> /51.asp
>> Symptom I) License Information For This Component Not
>> Found.
>> You Do Not Have An Appropriate License To Use This
>> Functionality In The
>> Design Environment.
>> Symptom II) Compile Error : Permission Denied
>> Symptom III) 60: method ~ of Object ~ failed
>> Symptom IV) Runtime Error '429' : ActiveX Component
>> Can't Create Object.
>> Other resources look for Error Messages (Visual Basic)
>> on my home page.
>> Henri Leboeuf
>> Web page: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~hleboeuf/index.htm

>I also found this info helpful, thanks! Might you have any
>similar info on Visual FoxPro{*filter*} around or know who
>would? I am receiving an error "cannot locate visual foxpro
>support library" when running an exe on another machine. I
>beleive I'm missing a dll but cannot figure out which one!

No. I checked deja.com and there is a pending message on the subject you
might want to look at it later.

Henri

Quote:

>* Sent from AltaVista http://www.*-*-*.com/ Where you can also find

related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is
Beautiful

Wed, 11 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveX control within ActiveX control Licencing Error 429

2. License information error (Error 429)

3. Occasional problems with end user licencing error

4. Error 429 when creating outlook application

5. ActiveX component can't crerate object, error # 429

6. Error 429 and CurrentDb

7. Error 429: ActiveX compnent cannot create object

8. Error 429, ActiveX component can not create object

9. DCOM component working on single computer but not over network Error Number : 429

10. Runtime Error 429

11. CurrentDB usage gets error 429

12. Run Time Error 429 - DAO?