Menus: How do I allow my program to continue doing stuff while a menu is selected
Author Message
 Menus: How do I allow my program to continue doing stuff while a menu is selected

I have a VB6 program (Standard EXE) that is used to run special scipts.

The program will sit there happily executing commands from the chosen
script until a menu title on the menu bar is clicked on and the menu
shown - now everything stops in its tracks until the menu is deselected,
upon which the script continues from where it was stopped.

Is there any way that I can allow the script to continue executing even
when a menu title is selected?  Surely there is a way in which VB6 will
allow other tasks to execute while a menu is selected!

I have tried putting DoEvents in the Click procedure for the menu titles
but this does not help.

Can anyone out there help me out?

Wed, 29 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. tell another program i am done

2. Colour DropDown Menu like MS Excel Text and Cell Attributes - How can this be done

3. Doing "Stuff" in the background

4. Is anyone doing cgi stuff with VB

6. Recordset: What am I doing wrong?

7. What am I doing wrong??

8. What am I doing wrong?

9. Help with syntax. What am I doing wrong

10. What am I doing wrong?

11. What am I doing wrong?

12. What am I doing wrong?