Sybase system 10 param queries w/ RDO
Author Message
 Sybase system 10 param queries w/ RDO

Quote:

> I've been trying to use paramerterized queries with Sybase system 10 with
> their ODBC driver 10.0.4 and all I've been able to get so far is a "Driver
> does not support this function" when I get to the line that sets the
> parameter value.  Bind vars must be supported by the driver, musn't they?
> Or am I missing something?  Thanks.

> ex)
> sSql = "select bmk_name from tppf028 where bmk_id = ?"
> set psBmk = cn.CreatePreparedStatement("", sSql)
> psBmk.rdoParameters(0) = 123

I have always made the queries into stored procedures and passed the
parameters.

Fri, 17 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sybase system 10 param queries w/ RDO

Have you gotten RDO to support param. substitution with system 10 stored
procedures?

Quote:

> > I've been trying to use paramerterized queries with Sybase system 10
with
> > their ODBC driver 10.0.4 and all I've been able to get so far is a
"Driver
> > does not support this function" when I get to the line that sets the
> > parameter value.  Bind vars must be supported by the driver, musn't
they?
> > Or am I missing something?  Thanks.

> > ex)
> > sSql = "select bmk_name from tppf028 where bmk_id = ?"
> > set psBmk = cn.CreatePreparedStatement("", sSql)
> > psBmk.rdoParameters(0) = 123

> I have always made the queries into stored procedures and passed the
> parameters.

Sun, 19 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Sybase system 10 param queries w/ RDO

2. Sybase system 10 param queries

3. vb4 RDO, intersolv odbc, and Sybase system 10

4. Sybase system 10, ODBC, RDO, VB5

5. VB4(16) & Sybase System 10 OpenRecordset problem

6. VB4/Sybase System 10

7. VB, ODBC, Sybase System 10, and Dynamic (real) SQL

8. VB 4.0 and the 32-bit ODBC for Sybase System 10

9. INSTCAT.SQL and Sybase System 10

10. Drivers to access Sybase System 10

11. VB 4.0 and the 32-bit ODBC for Sybase System 10

12. Numbering the values in a Top 10 query from 1 to 10