IGES Interface help?
Author Message
 IGES Interface help?

I'm trying to write some Visual Basic 4 software to run a mathematical model.
I need to input an AutoCAD or IGES file into Visual Basic and generate a
drawing from this file, in the software.

Are there any Shareware/Freeware/Commercial interfaces available to input an
IGES or other CAD file into Visual Basic, or will I have to write this
software from scratch? The remainder of the software is straightforward, this
is the only tricky part to it, so any help at all would be gretaly
appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Paul Smith

Sat, 05 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 IGES Interface help?

[This followup was posted to comp.lang.basic.visual.misc and a copy was
sent to the cited author.]

->I'm trying to write some Visual Basic 4 software to run a mathematical model.
->I need to input an AutoCAD or IGES file into Visual Basic and generate a
->drawing from this file, in the software.
->
->Are there any Shareware/Freeware/Commercial interfaces available to input an
->IGES or other CAD file into Visual Basic, or will I have to write this
->software from scratch? The remainder of the software is straightforward, this
->is the only tricky part to it, so any help at all would be gretaly
->appreciated.
->
->Thanks very much,
->Paul Smith
->

look at http://www.spatial.com/

They have an ActiveX object and/or .dlls to do just what you want!

Awesome tool 3D Building Blox.

--
Jarrod Roberson
jarrodr(at)province(dot)com

Thu, 17 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. IMPLEMENTING AN INTERFACE MADE FROM ANOTHER INTERFACE

2. Implementing an interface made from another interface

3. IMPLEMENTING AN INTERFACE MADE FROM ANOTHER INTERFACE

4. Implementing an interface made from another interface

5. NEWBIE: Interface of MTS Component - How do I generate an the Interface Information

6. Need help understanding sinking events thru interface

7. interface help

8. Help With Device Interface

9. Need help Implement a class interface.

10. 'Help-Find'-style interface for vb4 programmed database search

11. Help: VB + interface card

12. Please help: Interfacing VB with JDEdwards / AS/400