VB4 Pro Install from network or disks
Author Message
 VB4 Pro Install from network or disks

  I'm supposed to teach a class on VB 4 Pro shortly in a computer lab on
campus.  Unfortunately, I can't load the software :(  The VB 4 Pro
software is on CD-Rom and none of the systems in the classroom are
equiped with a CD-Rom drive.
   All systems are networked using Novell Netware.  I tried copying the
contents of the CD to the file server and running setup.exe from there,
it didn't seem to work.
   I also attempted to build install disks from the CAB files on the
CD-Rom (with disks formatted with a dmf formatter).  Again, no luck.
Setup.exe ran from disk one and prompted for me to insert disk two.
Disk two was read for awhile then the error "can't open initialization
file:" appeared.
   Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can load the software?
The only other solution I can think of is to purchase a parallel port
CD-Rom drive and use it with each computer to do the install.
   Thanks!
   Bob

Mon, 02 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. $$$$$: Trashed my install disk, need VB Pro 3.0 disk #1

2. After VB4 Pro 32-bit Install ven2232.olb not found displayed on VB4 startup

3. I'm looking for VB 3 Pro's #8 install disk

4. I'm looking for VB 3 Pro #8 Install Disk

5. problems installing vb4 pro "urgent please"

6. Help ! Problems installing VB4 (Pro)

7. Problem: VB4 Pro-16 bit Install Hangs in Win3.1

8. VB4 Pro Won't Install on NT 3.51

9. Installing VB5-Ent changes version of VB4-Pro

10. installing/running VB4.0 app on a network

11. How to make network install using SetupWiz/VB4?

12. installing VB4 on network