Invisible Form Backgrounds
Author Message
 Invisible Form Backgrounds

Hi!

Would anybody out there happen to know how to make the background
of the form transparent? I am doubtful whether it's possible.
I am using VB4.

Thanks.

Sun, 12 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Invisible Form Backgrounds

I am looking for the same thing I am using VB5.0

PS.

I will keep Mr. Roach informed of what I find......

Quote:

> Hi!

> Would anybody out there happen to know how to make the background
> of the form transparent? I am doubtful whether it's possible.
> I am using VB4.

> Thanks.

Sun, 12 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Invisible Form Backgrounds

Quote:
> Hi!

> Would anybody out there happen to know how to make the background
> of the form transparent? I am doubtful whether it's possible.
> I am using VB4.

> Thanks.

I made a button bar that didn't need anything but the buttons.  I just
sized the form, so that nothing showed other than the buttons.  Perhaps
this would help.
Chris

Mon, 13 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Invisible Form Backgrounds

Hello,
    I didn't find a way to tell VB that the BckGnd has to be
transparent. However, try this in the refresh event of your Window

    PaintDesktop(me.hwnd)

(copy the daclaration of PaintDesktop from the API viewer)

It could help you.
Serge

Quote:

> Hi!

> Would anybody out there happen to know how to make the background
> of the form transparent? I am doubtful whether it's possible.
> I am using VB4.

> Thanks.

Mon, 13 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Invisible Form Backgrounds

Hello,

Just one thing, I know it is just a typo mistake,  but  the
PaintDesktop api call expects the device context of a window, not the
window's handle.

         Alan Davis, Southampton, England

Mon, 13 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Invisible Form Backgrounds

You should capture the WM_ERASEBKGN message windows sends when window's
background is need to be painted. By default, windows paints the
background as it's default color. But if you just capture the
message(using msgblast or addressof), and do nothing, window's
background will stay transparent.
It's a beet hard in VB, and i never tried doing it in VB, but in VC it
works perfectly.
--
Please Respond By E-Mail to:

Address: Bar-Yehuda street 31/16, Qiriat Malachi, Israel.
P.O Box 70900
Phone: 972-08-8502-456

Tue, 14 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Invisible Form Backgrounds

 I believe there is a TRANSPARENT.OCX out there, makes
the background of ANY window, including picture boxes
etc., transparent. If you cannot find it on the net,
let me know, i might still have it.

HTH
-- Simon
                            \\|//
                            (o o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~oOOo~~(_)~~oOOo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse
                                - Murphy's Philosophy
Reply to: z2152908 at student dot unsw dot edu dot au
VB-FAQ:   http://home.sol.no/jansh/vb/default.htm

|Hi!
|
|Would anybody out there happen to know how to make the background
|of the form transparent? I am doubtful whether it's possible.
|I am using VB4.

|Thanks.

Tue, 14 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Invisible Form Backgrounds

Quote:
>|Would anybody out there happen to know how to make the background
>|of the form transparent? I am doubtful whether it's possible.
>|I am using VB4.

Check out http://pi1438.kub.nl:2080/VisualBasicSource/

in detail the file:
http://pi1438.kub.nl:2080/VisualBasicSource/VBTips/113.htm

gr. walther

----- it's the line -----
Walther Musch; Tilburg University
http://pi1438.kub.nl:2080/VisualBasicSource/

Mon, 20 Mar 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Making background of BMP invisible

2. Viewing Gifs, and there invisible bits as invisible...

3. Display Form from a background form

4. Find dialog box and invisible form

5. Invisible Attachment when linking to Custom Form

6. Form field invisible?

7. how to capture keyPress event from invisible PowerPoint forms

8. starting an application with an invisible form

9. Asp.net Invisible Form Post

10. how can i make the form invisible when the thread starts

11. HELP PLEASE!all the controls of my form are invisible

12. Hidden forms (invisible!)