Yahoo VB club for Delaware Valley
Author Message
 Yahoo VB club for Delaware Valley

Yeah, I know it's probably dorky..  But Yahoo has a new feature "Yahoo
Clubs"

I just started one for Visual Basic users in the Delaware valley.
This way you can share messages and chat about Visual Basic with
people who might live in your area.

I'm just learning what can be done with a club, but it appears to be
similar to a web newsgroup, but people must join first to post
messages, and then additional features can be set up...

I just stumbled acrossed this but it looks like you can ..

Post messages similar to newsgroups
Online Chat
Present Photos
Set-up news
Set-up Links
Calendar of events..

So please make me feel good and join the Del Val Visual Basic Club

It's an odd group name to remember, so please bookmark it..

http://www.*-*-*.com/

As I said, I just started and haven't really done anything with it
yet, but I hope to be adding to the club over the next week or so
depending on the response I get.

Mark

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

writes:

 >I just started one for Visual Basic users in the Delaware valley.
 >This way you can share messages and chat about Visual Basic with
 >people who might live in your area.

One of the great benefits of local user groups is to be able to meet
face-to-face with other users, have presentations and guest speakers, etc.. If
you are going to have a "club" in electronic form, what is the advantage of
limiting the geography of the members?

You might visit www.apcug.org, the website of the Association of PC User Groups
to see if there is an actual user group near you, or perhaps get information on
how you might start one, if there isn't one.

If you want to "meet electronically",  why not just participate in this
newsgroup, which is an extremely large and knowledgeable "worldwide electronic
user group"?

Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANN: new Chipmunk Basic forum in clubs.yahoo

2. New Yahoo! club...(slightly lengthy)

3. Visual Basic Club on Yahoo

4. Yahoo Messenger Protocol article (how to make your own yahoo messenger ) in vb

5. vb resources needed DE valley

6. CLUB DE AMIGOS DE VB EN CASTELLANO

7. vb club in Internet

8. vb club in Internet

9. vb club in Internet

10. vb club in Internet

11. Yahoo and VB

12. Cannot send attachments files to Yahoo or Mail.Com from VB