ActiveX Documents and SQL Server
Author Message
 ActiveX Documents and SQL Server

Can someone help me out and clarify what is going
on with my ActiveX application?

We are running Windows NT 4.0, IIS, and SQL server 6.5 all
on the same machine.

The application uses RDO to make a connection to the SQL
Server.  But when we try and access the application over
the Internet, there is an error.  I am convinced this error
is an authentication error.  What exactly must we do to
make sure that the application, IIS, NT, and SQL Server
will all have syncronized Usernames and passwords.  Anonymous
would be fine.

Basically if my rdo connection string is this....

"driver={SQL Server};server=our_nt;DATABASE=OURDATABASE;uid=mikeb;pwd=1234"

What do I have to do to ensure that Windows NT, IIS, SQL Server are
all setup correctly when I try to run the app over the Internet?

(ie: checkboxes etc...)

Thank you,

Mike Bouchard

Sun, 06 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveX documents and SQL Server

2. ActiveX documents and SQL Server

3. VB 5.0, ActiveX Documents and SQL Server 6.5

4. Display a VBD file from an ActiveX Document Server DLL in a HTML Document

5. Intranet application with ActiveX Document and Activex Server Component

6. Generating word document files from embedded documents in Access or SQL Server DB.

7. Intranet application with ActiveX Document and Activex Server Component

8. Activex Document exe running on client not server.

9. Problem running ActiveX documents (Remote Server Access)

10. ActiveX Document, keep .dll files on server

11. activex documents and server side objects

12. activex documents and server side objects