Quote marks inside Rich Text Box
Author Message
 Quote marks inside Rich Text Box

I want something like the following to appear in a Rich Text Box and I
want to do it at run time:

RFT1.text="This is the Text"

However, I want the quote marks to stay. How can you do this in code?

Thanks,
David Wier

http://www.*-*-*.com/
Please Don't count off Points for my  aolism;
I really do know what I'm doing most of the time.

Mon, 06 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Quote marks inside Rich Text Box

Quote:
>I want something like the following to appear in a Rich Text Box and I
>want to do it at run time:

>RFT1.text="This is the Text"

>However, I want the quote marks to stay. How can you do this in code?

Use two quotes inside a string literal to embed a quote in the string:

  RFT1.text="""This is the Text"""

or use the chr function:

  RFT1.text=chr(34)+"This is the Text"+chr(34)

34 is the ASCII value of a quote.

-- Roger

-----------------------------------
Subscribe to Everybody's Talkin' - The Newsletter for Fans

information.

Mon, 06 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Quote marks inside Rich Text Box

Concatenation
e.g. rtf1.text = chr$(34) & "This is a text box" & chr$(34)

mt

Quote:

> I want something like the following to appear in a Rich Text Box and I
> want to do it at run time:

> RFT1.text="This is the Text"

> However, I want the quote marks to stay. How can you do this in code?

> Thanks,
> David Wier

> http://members.aol.com/augustwind
> Please Don't count off Points for my  aolism;
> I really do know what I'm doing most of the time.

Mon, 06 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Quote marks inside Rich Text Box

RFT1.text=" & Chr$(34) & "This is the Text" & Chr$(34)

Quote:
> I want something like the following to appear in a Rich Text Box and I
> want to do it at run time:

> RFT1.text="This is the Text"

> However, I want the quote marks to stay. How can you do this in code?

> Thanks,
> David Wier

> http://members.aol.com/augustwind
> Please Don't count off Points for my  aolism;
> I really do know what I'm doing most of the time.

Mon, 06 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Quote marks inside Rich Text Box

Quote:

>I want something like the following to appear in a Rich Text Box and I
>want to do it at run time:

>RFT1.text="This is the Text"

Try this:  RFT1.text = """" & "This is the Text" & """"
-----------------------------^^^^ = 4 double quote characters

Take Care, Zack Jones

Tue, 07 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Quote marks inside Rich Text Box

Have you tried
RFT1.text=""This is the Text""
HTH
--
[Henri at]

: I want something like the following to appear in a Rich Text Box and I
: want to do it at run time:
:
: RFT1.text="This is the Text"
:
: However, I want the quote marks to stay. How can you do this in code?
:
: Thanks,
: David Wier

: http://members.aol.com/augustwind
: Please Don't count off Points for my  aolism;
: I really do know what I'm doing most of the time.
:

Tue, 07 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Quote marks inside Rich Text Box

Try this

RTF1.text = """This is the Text"""
--
--------------------------------
Alcides Rufino da Silva

Rio de Janeiro - BRAZIL

Quote:
> I want something like the following to appear in a Rich Text Box and I
> want to do it at run time:

> RFT1.text="This is the Text"

> However, I want the quote marks to stay. How can you do this in code?

> Thanks,
> David Wier

> http://members.aol.com/augustwind
> Please Don't count off Points for my  aolism;
> I really do know what I'm doing most of the time.

Wed, 08 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Put text inside a circle in a Rich Text Box

2. Colour Text Box/Class Wrapper for Rich Text Box

3. Newbie question: Rich Text Box vs. Text Box

4. help: formatting rich text box/text box

5. Rich Text Box vs. Text Box Scrolling

6. Rich Text Box or text box control

7. Quote marks when writing a text file

8. Looking for APIs for text box and Rich text box

9. Marking AddressBook receipients as capable to read Rich-text

10. Becoming rich with a rich text box

11. Rich Text Box: Can I remove text and keep multicolored text

12. stupid question about quotes inside quotes