Visual Basic 6.0 app on windows XP operating system
Author Message
 Visual Basic 6.0 app on windows XP operating system

I have written an charting application in Visual Basic6.0 which reads
data from an internet site using the "http get" method and draws
charts on vb forms using the "line method". I have a main mdi form and
8 child forms and use classes and collections to hold my data during
execution and a number of standard bas modules for the various
functions.

This application works great with windows 98/win nt
workstation/windows 2000/windows ME. However on windows XP, it does
not seem to draw the chart correctly. out of the 8 child forms, only 1
or 2 of them appear to be somewhat normal whereas the other child
forms show just a horizontal line where the candlesticks should
appear. Is there anything i need to specially for windows XP to draw
the chart properly??? I dont even know what the problem could be?? I
think it could be one of the follwoing:

1. windows xp does not support mdi forms and child forms??
2. windows xp does not support the line draw method of a form??
3. windows xp does not support the http get method??
4. windows xp does not support classes and collections??

Well, thats all i can think of... Please send any ideas on how to make
my vb app work with windows XP.

Thank you,

Savita.

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 00:15:24 GMT
 Visual Basic 6.0 app on windows XP operating system
I did the same kind of application : displaying candlestick
charts of stocks. I still didn't move to XP and have no idea
of the cause of your problem. However in my application
instead of drawing directly to forms I use the line method with
PictureBoxes. Maybe this could solve the problem or help
finding the cause of the problem, who never know.

Louis.

Wed, 01 Sep 2004 16:29:40 GMT

1. Crystal Report 6.0 with Windows XP operating system

2. Visual Basic 6.0 text box with win xp

3. Visual basic 6.0 su win xp

5. Visual basic 6.0 on XP

6. Visual Basic 6.0 crashes on XP

7. Visual Basic Professional V 6.0 Installation on XP

8. Visual Basic Professional V 6.0 Installation on XP

9. Visual Basic 6.0 crashes on XP

10. Visual Basic 6.0 crashes on XP

11. Visual Basic 6.0 crashes on XP

12. How to create a Windows XP Visual Styles App in VB.net