can't load comctl32.ocx file on some systems
Author Message
 can't load comctl32.ocx file on some systems

VB 4.0 Question.

Hi there,

What's the scoop on Visual Basic??  I created a simple program that reads
from a database file (using the data control) and it works fine on some
systems, and yet other computers give this message "Can't load (or register)
comctl32.ocx"

The program I am writing is for a team of 36 people that need a central
point where they can check for critical situations.  Strictly for
information purposes.  All the systems are relatively the same (486's and
Pentiums) and contain the same software.  Yet, I have copied the files
myprog.exe and comctl32.ocx to a directory on everyone's computer it will
not load on soe of the computers.  Strange huh!  The program works great on
the systems that will run it, but I don't even know where to begin searching
for this type of problem.

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated and remembered.
Richie

Fri, 05 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 can't load comctl32.ocx file on some systems

Check this out

http://premium.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q167/1/21.asp

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997 23:29:09 -0500, "Richie Durand"

Quote:

>VB 4.0 Question.

>Hi there,

>What's the scoop on Visual Basic??  I created a simple program that reads
>from a database file (using the data control) and it works fine on some
>systems, and yet other computers give this message "Can't load (or register)
>comctl32.ocx"

>The program I am writing is for a team of 36 people that need a central
>point where they can check for critical situations.  Strictly for
>information purposes.  All the systems are relatively the same (486's and
>Pentiums) and contain the same software.  Yet, I have copied the files
>myprog.exe and comctl32.ocx to a directory on everyone's computer it will
>not load on soe of the computers.  Strange huh!  The program works great on
>the systems that will run it, but I don't even know where to begin searching
>for this type of problem.

>Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated and remembered.
>Richie

Sun, 07 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. 'comctl32.ocx' could not be loaded

2. Dependency Files for comctl32.ocx and comctl32.ocx

3. can't load comctl32.ocx?

4. comctl32.ocx version 5.01.4319 - won't load

5. can't load comctl32.ocx

6. Can't load COMCTL32.OCX

7. COMCTL32.OCX Won't Load

8. COMCTL32.OCX won't load

9. comctl32.ocx cannot be loaded...continue loading project?

10. Problems Loading Comctl32.ocx and Comdlg32.ocx

11. Cant load Comdlg32.ocx or comctl32.ocx

12. Problems Loading Comctl32.ocx and Comdlg32.ocx