Adding a Progress Bar to a Status Bar panel
Author Message
 Adding a Progress Bar to a Status Bar panel

Can anyone help?

What I want to do is display a progress bar control in one of the
panels of a form's status bar. I can drop a progress bar into the
panel but when the program runs and the progress bar is active
the status bar disappears and doesn't return until I make the
progress bar invisible again!  Is there any way to keep them both
on the screen at the same time?

I'm using the version of VB that comes with Visual Studio 5 Pro
and both the status bar and progress bar are from the MS Windows
common controls set v5 (SP2).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Christy

Tue, 19 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding a Progress Bar to a Status Bar panel
Hi!
What you have to do is that you place a picturebox on the statusbar where
you want it to be seen. Then set the pictureboxs border property to no
border etc. And add a progress bar inside the picturebox.

This should work, not so pretty but still....

Regards

/Mattias

Christy Gemmell skrev i meddelandet

Quote:
>Can anyone help?

>What I want to do is display a progress bar control in one of the
>panels of a form's status bar. I can drop a progress bar into the
>panel but when the program runs and the progress bar is active
>the status bar disappears and doesn't return until I make the
>progress bar invisible again!  Is there any way to keep them both
>on the screen at the same time?

>I'm using the version of VB that comes with Visual Studio 5 Pro
>and both the status bar and progress bar are from the MS Windows
>common controls set v5 (SP2).

>Any help would be much appreciated.

>Cheers,

>Christy

Tue, 19 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding a Progress Bar to a Status Bar panel
On Fri, 1 Jan 1999 14:07:27 -0000, "Christy Gemmell"

Use SetParent API call

In module:
Declare Function SetParent Lib "user32" (ByVal hWndChild As Long,
ByVal hWndNewParent As Long) As Long

In Code:
    SetParent progressBar.hWnd,statusBar.hWnd
    progressBar.Top = Screen.TwipsPerPixelY
    progressBar.Left = statusBar.panels("panelIndex").Left +
Screen.TwipsPerPixelY
    progressBar.Height = statusBar.Height - Screen.TwipsPerPixelY* 2
    progressBar.Width = statusBar.panels("panelIndex").Width -
Screen.TwipsPerPixelX* 2

   Where panelIndex is the panel of the statusbar you want to place
the progressbar.

Then set the visible property of progressBar to show or hide it in the
statusbar.

Quote:
>Can anyone help?

>What I want to do is display a progress bar control in one of the
>panels of a form's status bar. I can drop a progress bar into the
>panel but when the program runs and the progress bar is active
>the status bar disappears and doesn't return until I make the
>progress bar invisible again!  Is there any way to keep them both
>on the screen at the same time?

>I'm using the version of VB that comes with Visual Studio 5 Pro
>and both the status bar and progress bar are from the MS Windows
>common controls set v5 (SP2).

>Any help would be much appreciated.

>Cheers,

>Christy

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB5: Adding Progress Bar To Status Bar Panel?

2. Progress bar in a Status bar panel?

3. Progress Bar in Status Bar Panel ?

4. Progress bar in status bar panel - how?

5. Adding a Progress Bar to the Status Bar

6. Adding Progress Bar onto Status Bar

7. Progress Bar and Status Panel or ListView

8. Keeping a progress bar in a status panel

9. Status Bar/Progress Bar

10. Progress bar in status bar for .NET

11. Progress Bar in Status Bar

12. Progress bar on a status bar