ASP pages, slow, lack of debugging support - SOLUTION
Author Message
 ASP pages, slow, lack of debugging support - SOLUTION

Quote:

>incredibly slow performance when trying to use Interdev's database
>features utilizing ODBC, so I've instead opted to create ActiveX DLL's
>(OLE Servers) in VB5 to handle all of the data dirty working using JET.
>The speed difference is CONSIDERABLY better.

Perhaps you're setting something up incorrectly.  Using ADO I've
experienced performance increase by factors of 1000% (not a typo) or
more.  In fact, I've totally dumped Jet, RDO, and other VB data access
methods for ADO in my normal VB development (jsut refernce the ADO
DLLs).

Also, lets not forget Connection Pooling, a valuable resource savings.
(Does anyone know if CP is handled by ADO or the ASP DLLs?)

I haven't really used the IDev much, I prefer the old fashion method
of using Notepad, but from the little I have used I didn't notice any
obvious failings in the Global.ASA.

Quote:
>With the better debugging support, speed and inherent security in having
>compiled code behind my pages there is no need for utilizing loads of
>VBScript to actually create the page.  In fact, I've tried passing over

Can't argue against the debugging aspect but security isn't a problem.
Unl;ess you allow directory browsing on your site nobody can view your
server side-scripts.

Fri, 26 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Solution (hack) for debugging ASP com component under Win20000

2. Compiled ASP much slower than in Debug Mode

3. Server Doesnt Support Debugging of ASP.NET

4. Debug VB.NET DLL(Class Library) from ASP.NET page

5. Lack of support for explicit interface implementation in VB.Net

6. unable to debug asp.net pages

7. My web ASP page is very slow on Netscape

8. How to debug ASP pages

9. turning on "Debugging" for ASP pages

10. Debugging an ASP page

11. My ASP page is very slow on Netscape

12. Debugging ASP Pages