Specified DLL function not found (Error 453)
Author Message
 Specified DLL function not found (Error 453)

Hi -

I created a ActiveX DLL using a set of functions that we use regularly.  I
included a Sub Main () and it seemed to compile fine. I ran Regsvr32.exe
against it and that worked, also.  Now when I try and access any of the
functions in the DLL I get the Can't find DLL entry point error.  The DLL is
in the windows\system directory & I have declared the functions in the
project that I am calling them from.

Thanks.

- Tom

Fri, 11 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Specified DLL function not found (Error 453)

An ActiveX DLL created in VB is only callable using OLE, not using the
"Declare" syntax. I remember reading something in the group a while back
about a way to fake it out by messing around with the linker attributes, but
by default you have to use OLE to call your common functions.

Hope this isn't too bad news.

Quote:

>Hi -

>I created a ActiveX DLL using a set of functions that we use regularly.  I
>included a Sub Main () and it seemed to compile fine. I ran Regsvr32.exe
>against it and that worked, also.  Now when I try and access any of the
>functions in the DLL I get the Can't find DLL entry point error.  The DLL
is
>in the windows\system directory & I have declared the functions in the
>project that I am calling them from.

>Thanks.

>- Tom

Fri, 11 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error# 453 - function in the dll not found

2. VB Bug - Error 453 - DLL Entry Point Not Found

3. Error specified dll function not found

4. Can't find entry point in dll, Run time error 453

5. Run-Time Error 453:DLL-DLL Communication

6. HELP: ERR:453 - Can't Find DLL Entry Point

7. Declare function in stead of reference? /error 453

8. API- error 453: Can't fine DLL entry Point

9. Calling DLL - Error 453 - help!

10. DLL Entry Point Error - 453

11. ActiveX DLL error 453

12. Error 453 calling DLL