Install ActiveX Control
Author Message
 Install ActiveX Control

I've just created an ActiveX control in VB that I would like to install and
use on another computer.

I compiled the control into an OCX,  and copied it to the Windows/System
directory of
the other computer, then registered it using RegServ32.

When I start a fresh project (on the other computer), and go to add  the
control to it's toolbar,
it does not appear in the Components listing.

Am I missing a step?  How do I get the control registered properly?

Any help would be appreicated.

Thanks.

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Install ActiveX Control
It isn't in the components list because VB doesn't know it exists. Click on
Browse, right next to the component list and then find it there and it'll be
added.

Clint Knapp

Quote:
> I've just created an ActiveX control in VB that I would like to install
and
> use on another computer.

> I compiled the control into an OCX,  and copied it to the Windows/System
> directory of
> the other computer, then registered it using RegServ32.

> When I start a fresh project (on the other computer), and go to add  the
> control to it's toolbar,
> it does not appear in the Components listing.

> Am I missing a step?  How do I get the control registered properly?

> Any help would be appreicated.

> Thanks.

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Install ActiveX Control
Hello,
    To get VB to recognize your component you need to tell VB your control
exists. In the VB environment under Project select References. If your
control is not in the List box look under browse. You can point VB to your
OCX and after that it will be in your components listing.

Good Luck

Quote:
> I've just created an ActiveX control in VB that I would like to install
and
> use on another computer.

> I compiled the control into an OCX,  and copied it to the Windows/System
> directory of
> the other computer, then registered it using RegServ32.

> When I start a fresh project (on the other computer), and go to add  the
> control to it's toolbar,
> it does not appear in the Components listing.

> Am I missing a step?  How do I get the control registered properly?

> Any help would be appreicated.

> Thanks.

Sun, 18 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Install activex control from local maschine

2. Determining already installed ActiveX Controls in VBScript

3. Avoiding reboot when installing ActiveX control

4. Install ActiveX Control and HTML pages in other PC

5. Viewing Installed ActiveX Controls

6. Determining already installed ActiveX Controls in VBScript

7. Install ActiveX Control Question

8. Viewing Installed ActiveX Controls

9. Avoiding reboot when installing ActiveX control

10. Installing ActiveX control

11. Install ActiveX Control and HTML pages in other PC

12. How can I install ActiveX Controls on IIS that everyone can access them?