COM-Gen 2000 - Build 153 released - generates COM objects
Author Message
 COM-Gen 2000 - Build 153 released - generates COM objects

Hi everyone,

        Just a note to let you know that as of 7:30 AM Eastern,
on July 31, 1999, we released build 153 of the COM-Gen 2000
beta.  It's available now for free at our web site at
http://www.*-*-*.com/ .  We have again done a considerable
amount of testing and, with the help of our beta testers,
things are moving along very well.  We still expect to have
a final release ready by mid-August.  Changes for Build 153
are described below.
        For those unfamiliar with COM-Gen 2000, it's a
VB6 Add-in that allows you, as a VB Developer, to cut up to
90% off your development time and create your entire middle
tier in a matter of seconds. COM-Gen 2000 reads from the most
popular ODBC databases and generates the classes, properties,
methods, and supporting SQL and VB code necessary to insert,
update, delete, and retrieve records from any table therein.
It also generates error handling code.

Build 153 contains the following fixes and changes:

 - Provided tighter integration with VB6 IDE so that when
generating files for a currently loaded project, it is no
longer necessary to reload the project to see the results.

 - Fixed bug which caused generated SQL code containing
date/time fields not to execute properly for various DBMS
types.

 - Fixed bug that erroneously allowed user to choose to add
generated files to an existing project and continue on
without specifying which project.

 - Fix bug that caused SQL code in generated Update() procedure
not to execute properly due to stray comma.

 - Removed scripting object from project.

exchange questions, opinions, and ideas regarding COM-Gen 2000
and related issues.  This list is open to users and potential
users of COM-Gen 2000.  You can subscribe to this list here:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

only.  (You can not post messages to this list.)  We will
provide subscribers to this list with updates and important
info regarding COM-Gen 2000 as it occurs.  You can subscribe
to this list here:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

--
Thanks,
Dave V.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 16 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 COM-Gen 2000 - Build 153 released - generates COM objects

Quote:
> Hi everyone,

> Just a note to let you know that as of 7:30 AM Eastern,
> on July 31, 1999, we released build 153 of the COM-Gen 2000
> beta

<cut>

Please stop spamming the newsgroups with advertising.  This is not the place
for it.

Wed, 16 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 153 released - generates COM objects

2. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 153 released - generates COM objects

3. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 153 released - generates COM objects

4. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 153 released - generates COM objects

5. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 153 released - generates COM objects

6. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 107 released - generates COM objects

7. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 107 released - generates COM objects

8. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 107 released - generates COM objects

9. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 107 released - generates COM objects

10. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 107 released - generates COM objects

11. COM-Gen 2000 - Build 107 released - generates COM objects

12. COM-Gen 2000 1.04: European fix released.