urgent help needed: developing a drawing application in VB
Author Message
 urgent help needed: developing a drawing application in VB

Hi,
I am working on a project to develop a flow-chart editor like application in
VB. What I want to do is to allow users to add and delete rectangles and
lines and move these objects around. I want to know if there is any easy way
to let the lines respond to mouse clicks.
If you know how to do that or if you know any OCX that can do the job please

Thanks in advance.

Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 urgent help needed: developing a drawing application in VB
Are you doing this for practice or do you really need this kind of
application to do real work? There are literally hundreds of applications
that will do this kind of task, PowerPoint comes to mind but there are
others.
Mel

Quote:

>Hi,
>I am working on a project to develop a flow-chart editor like application
in
>VB. What I want to do is to allow users to add and delete rectangles and
>lines and move these objects around. I want to know if there is any easy
way
>to let the lines respond to mouse clicks.
>If you know how to do that or if you know any OCX that can do the job
please

>Thanks in advance.

Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 urgent help needed: developing a drawing application in VB

Quote:

> Hi,
> I am working on a project to develop a flow-chart editor like application in
> VB. What I want to do is to allow users to add and delete rectangles and
> lines and move these objects around. I want to know if there is any easy way
> to let the lines respond to mouse clicks.
> If you know how to do that or if you know any OCX that can do the job please

> Thanks in advance.

Daniel Appleman's Book "Visual Basic Programmers Guide to the WIN32 API" details
a simple way to do hit detection. Essentially, you'd create a region associated
with each drawing object that describes the bounds of the object. In your case
you'd use the CreateRectRgn or CreatePolygonRgn APIs to initially describe each
shape. Having done so, you can place in your mousedown event:
           For i = 1 to NumRegions
                if PtInRegion(myRegions(i), x, y) then
                    ' Selected a drawn object, so move it or something
                endif
            next i

Hope this helps. Any questions, buy the book; it's been one of my better
investments..

kent

Wed, 07 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 urgent help needed: developing a drawing application in VB
Bennet-tec's metadraw control is an OCX that will do most of this for you...

http://www.bennet-tec.com

Quote:

>Hi,
>I am working on a project to develop a flow-chart editor like application
in
>VB. What I want to do is to allow users to add and delete rectangles and
>lines and move these objects around. I want to know if there is any easy
way
>to let the lines respond to mouse clicks.
>If you know how to do that or if you know any OCX that can do the job
please

>Thanks in advance.

Fri, 09 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. urgent help needed: developing a drawing application in VB

2. urgent help needed: developing a drawing application in VB

3. Need help in developing DDE application

4. Help on developing email application using vb 6.0

5. Need help with developing a Plug-In architecture for a VB App

6. URGENT: Need help with database / Internet application

7. URGENT: Need help with database / Internet application

8. Developing application and need advise....

9. Developing application and need advise....

10. Need Help Developing Help Menu

11. New to VB - Need help with Draw Line

12. Help Needed With VB Line Drawing Function