Is it possible to make a transparent checkbox
Author Message
 Is it possible to make a transparent checkbox

I'm using vb6 & am having difficulty creating a transparent
checkbox.  I want to use a graphic on my form, but it looks
really ugly with the checkboxes not being transparent (around
the text).

I basically have labels and checkboxes on my form.  For the
labels, I merely select backstyle and tell it to go
transparent.  On the checkboxes, there isn't a backstyle
property to change.  Is it possible to make the checkbox
transparent?

* Sent from RemarQ http://www.*-*-*.com/ The Internet's Discussion Network *

Mon, 19 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Is it possible to make a transparent checkbox
chksomething.Visible=False
chksomething.Refresh

Same goes for labels

Remi

Quote:

>I'm using vb6 & am having difficulty creating a transparent
>checkbox.  I want to use a graphic on my form, but it looks
>really ugly with the checkboxes not being transparent (around
>the text).

>I basically have labels and checkboxes on my form.  For the
>labels, I merely select backstyle and tell it to go
>transparent.  On the checkboxes, there isn't a backstyle
>property to change.  Is it possible to make the checkbox
>transparent?

>* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network
*
>The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

Mon, 19 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Is it possible to make a transparent checkbox

Quote:

>I'm using vb6 & am having difficulty creating a transparent
>checkbox.  I want to use a graphic on my form, but it looks
>really ugly with the checkboxes not being transparent (around
>the text).

>I basically have labels and checkboxes on my form.  For the
>labels, I merely select backstyle and tell it to go
>transparent.  On the checkboxes, there isn't a backstyle
>property to change.  Is it possible to make the checkbox
>transparent?

You could use Image controls!

Just design a couple of bitmaps, one with a check/tick mark and one blank, of
the same size.  chkVal(Index) will give you your value of '1' or '0'.  Using
this method you can add different states also such as '?'

Richard.

Dim Check(1) As Picture
Dim chkVal(3) As Integer

Private Sub Form_Load()

Set Check(0) = LoadPicture("\images\NoTick.bmp")
Set Check(1) = LoadPicture("\images\Tick.bmp")

Image1(0).Picture = Check(chkVal(0))
Image1(1).Picture = Check(chkVal(0))
Image1(2).Picture = Check(chkVal(0))

End Sub

Private Sub Image1_Click(Index As Integer)

If chkVal(Index) = 0 Then chkVal(Index) = 1 Else chkVal(Index) = 0

Image1(Index).Picture = Check(chkVal(Index))

End Sub

Mon, 19 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Is it possible to make a transparent checkbox
Size the checkbox to the exact size of the box part, then place a
label beside it.  Treat a click on the label as if the user clicked
the checkbox.

LFS

Quote:

> I basically have labels and checkboxes on my form.  For the
> labels, I merely select backstyle and tell it to go
> transparent.  On the checkboxes, there isn't a backstyle
> property to change.  Is it possible to make the checkbox
> transparent?

Mon, 19 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. making a checkbox transparent

2. True DBGrid Pro 6.0 + Checkbox (Bin am verzweifeln!)

3. How to make checkbox text background transparent?

4. Transparent BackStyle on checkbox?

5. Transparent backstyle for checkbox

6. How to create a transparent checkbox

7. How to make checkbox text background transparent?

8. Help make checkbox transparent

9. Need help with this game I am making :(

10. Help with game I am making

11. email me ny vbs scripts i am making a huge prog with any features u send

12. email me ny vbs scripts i am making a huge prog with any features u send