platform type games on VB5Pro
Author Message
 platform type games on VB5Pro

I am looking for any good books, websites, sourcecode etc for developing
platform type games with Visual Basic 5.0.  I have never done anything like
it before so need some ground up help.  any suggestions???

thanks!!

Thu, 07 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 platform type games on VB5Pro

Quote:

> I am looking for any good books, websites, sourcecode etc for developing
> platform type games with visual basic 5.0.  I have never done anything like
> it before so need some ground up help.  any suggestions???

> thanks!!

For a DirectX OCX, check out http://www.squirrelsoftware.com/

You can download a demo version and it has some source code with it for
an asteroids style game. On my machine, a lowly Pentium 75, there were
hundreds of asteroid fragments flying around and I still got over 20
frames per second.

        - Chris Kyarsgaard

Fri, 08 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. A VB5Pro Wrestling Game

2. Side Scrollers/Platform Game Help!

3. 2D Platform Game

4. sql connection changes from test platform to working platform

5. Problem with code for game - Using TYPE

6. Making a Duke Nukem type game

7. Doom/Wolf type Game.

8. Need help with "pong" type game

9. Gaming Zone Type Development Help Needed!

10. nibbles game, source code? (snake game, you know)

11. IPX comms in VB5pro

12. IPX comms in VB5pro