modems, modems, modems...
Author Message
 modems, modems, modems...

Quote:
> Hi,
>    I am writing a small application that needs to use the phone lines using
> VB.  I have a US Robotics 33.6 Data/Fax/Voice, and I was hoping someone
out
> there has some details on the commands required to program the voice part
> of the modem.  I have got the cirrus logic chipset's AT#V command set,
but
> this obviously isn't compatible, as nothing works.

> Thanks,
>    Dunc...

I have downloaded a document from the USR web site. Technical reference
guide Sportster High Speed Modems. In it a section is Modems with Personal
Voice Mail.
It states: To select data, fax or voice mode for modems with Personal Voice
Mail, use the #CLSn command as follows.
    #CLS=0 Data Mode.
    #CLS=1 Class 1 fax.
    #CLS=2 Class 2.0 fax.
    #CLS=8 Voice mode. In this mode, the following commands can be
requested.
                 #VRX  Receives voice file from line, microphone, or
handset.
                 #VTX  Transmits voice file to line, speaker, or handset.

Caller ID = #CID= 1 for on or #CID = 0 for off.

Also if you have Windows 95 then you needed to install the audio
compression. I think it was in multimedia but I am not sure, I had to add
it as part of my troubleshooting.

I am curious if you have gotten the audio to work, if you are satisfied
with the phone line level. On my card the volume over the phone is TOO LOW.
USR admits a problem and they tell me they go from complaints too low, to
too loud and back.

Tue, 16 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 modems, modems, modems...

Quote:
> Hi,
>    I am writing a small application that needs to use the phone lines using
> VB.  I have a US Robotics 33.6 Data/Fax/Voice, and I was hoping someone
out
> there has some details on the commands required to program the voice part
> of the modem.  I have got the cirrus logic chipset's AT#V command set,
but
> this obviously isn't compatible, as nothing works.

> Thanks,
>    Dunc...

I have downloaded the Tech Ref manual from the USR website.
I think the catch is you need to set your modem to voice mode first.
AT#CLS = 8 then #VRX = Receives voice file and #VTX = Transmit a voice file

Also for Windows 95 did you download there new MDMUSRVI.INF file to install
your modem?

My modem voice volume is too low over the phoneline, and this is not
adjustable. I am waiting for my PHONEBLASTER.

Tue, 16 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 10936

2. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 10832

3. QB or PB Modem to Modem code

4. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 12217

5. COM and Modem - modem.bas (1/1)

6. COM and Modem - modem.bas (0/1)

7. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 12220

8. send File Modem to Modem (not FTP)

9. Easy modem-to-modem call and TCP/IP question

10. ANN: Modem Tools OCXs for Voice Modem Control

11. Please help, Modem to Modem chat program - modem7.ZIP (0/1)

12. Share modem, ISDN and cable modem 12221