Convert VB4-16 bit to VB6?
Author Message
 Convert VB4-16 bit to VB6?

Any tips, sites, etc. that you have found to aid in this conversion
from 16-bit VB4 to VB6?

The worst part so far is that I've heard that it is "bad" to have both
VB4 and VB6 installed on the same machine (since installing the 2nd
one will overwrite DLL's, etc. and make life difficult for you).

The best plan I have so far is:

1) Recreate all forms (all controls, etc.) in VB6
2) Open up code in Notepad (or better text editor) and cut-n-paste.

Not very elegant.  Not even sure if it will work.

Any better ideas?

---------------------------------
Please respond to this newsgroup.
Return e-mail is spam-proof.

Sun, 25 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Convert VB4-16 bit to VB6?
That does work for VB5 pasted into VB6.

Brian

Quote:
> Any tips, sites, etc. that you have found to aid in this conversion
> from 16-bit VB4 to VB6?

> The worst part so far is that I've heard that it is "bad" to have both
> VB4 and VB6 installed on the same machine (since installing the 2nd
> one will overwrite DLL's, etc. and make life difficult for you).

> The best plan I have so far is:

> 1) Recreate all forms (all controls, etc.) in VB6
> 2) Open up code in Notepad (or better text editor) and cut-n-paste.

> Not very elegant.  Not even sure if it will work.

> Any better ideas?

> ---------------------------------
> Please respond to this newsgroup.
> Return e-mail is spam-proof.

Thu, 29 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Convert VB4-16 bit to VB6?
Hi
Im trying to get VB3 to open in VB6.
Works but component problems and the option to make an exe is not
available.
If the conversion from VB5 to VB6 needs this kind of doing, then I
really am in trouble!
There must be a way, please....
Kurt
Quote:

> That does work for VB5 pasted into VB6.

> Brian

> > Any tips, sites, etc. that you have found to aid in this conversion
> > from 16-bit VB4 to VB6?

> > The worst part so far is that I've heard that it is "bad" to have both
> > VB4 and VB6 installed on the same machine (since installing the 2nd
> > one will overwrite DLL's, etc. and make life difficult for you).

> > The best plan I have so far is:

> > 1) Recreate all forms (all controls, etc.) in VB6
> > 2) Open up code in Notepad (or better text editor) and cut-n-paste.

> > Not very elegant.  Not even sure if it will work.

> > Any better ideas?

> > ---------------------------------
> > Please respond to this newsgroup.
> > Return e-mail is spam-proof.

Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. converting 16-bit VB4/Access2 to 32-bit

2. Converting a VB4.0 16 Bit app to VB5 32 bit

3. Calling 16 bit DLL from VB4 16 bit in Win 95

4. Russian(Cyrillic): vb4 32-bit works, but vb4 16-bit doesn't

5. converting C program to VB4 - 16 bit (HELP)

6. Converting from VB4(16-bit) to VB5

7. Convert Long Filenames to Short Filenames in VB4 16-Bit

8. Converting a VB3 app to VB4 16-bit

9. Converting long filenames to short filenames in VB4.0 16-bit

10. How can I convert a 16-bit number into 2 8-bit numbers

11. Desperate for help Converting 16 bit app to 32 bit

12. Convert 16-bit vbp to 32-bit?