SQL Data Type
Author Message
 SQL Data Type

I need to store a multi-line text box control in my SQL database.  What is
the best SQL data-type to store this data?

TIA

Fri, 15 Oct 2004 17:54:55 GMT
 SQL Data Type

Quote:

> I need to store a multi-line text box control in my SQL database.  What is
> the best SQL data-type to store this data?

If it might hold more than 255 characters, use dbMemo.  However, memo
fields can't be indexed, and so searching on them will be slower.

--
Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com>     Got Thetans? <http://www.xenu.net/>

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 02:09:43 GMT

1. SQL data type problem

2. ASP Date/Time SQL data type within IE6

3. Crystal reports and SQL data types

4. Get error: Disallowed implicit conversion from data type varchar to data type money

5. Data type conversion error when saving numeric data types

6. Q: variant data type with user defined data type

7. C data type vs. VB Data type

8. ADO data types and vbasic data types mapping

9. Data Type Problem accessing Btrieve (MBF) data type

10. Data Type Problem accessing Btrieve (MBF) data type

11. Data Type Problem accessing Btrieve (MBF) data type

12. VB Data Types - C Data Types