downloading files
Author Message
 downloading files

I assume you mean use vb to write an app to download from the inet. If you
new you may want to check out he inet controls that come with vb. Make sure
you have vb Service Pack3 installed. The first set of ctrls released were
extremely flawed. (I think they still are flawed).

To save your files, read up on writting to binary or test files; search help
on the Open and Put commands.

There is alot of sample code out there in the help sections to assist you on
your way.

As you progress in a year or so, check into using the Inet API. It's
powerful and not subject to VB flaws. Also, it's lightening fast compared to
the ctrls. An added bonus, as Microshaft releases newer versions  of
windoze, your code will self-maintain itself.

Quote:

>I am very new to vb 5. I have vb 5 pro. could someone tell me how to
>download files with Visual Basic 5? give me some sample code or just
>tell me where I can find how to do this? thanks in advance

Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 downloading files

Quote:
>I am very new to vb 5. I have vb 5 pro. could someone tell me how to
>download files with visual basic 5? give me some sample code or just
>tell me where I can find how to do this? thanks in advance

If you're looking for a control specific for FTP (and not limited to
VB5) we have one as part of our commercial SocketTools package. If you
want more of a 'roll your own' solution, we also include an FTP sample
in our freeware SocketWrench package. You can download either package
from our website at http://www.catalyst.com.

Sun, 25 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Download Files without File dialog box ?

2. How to download file to append existing file?..

3. Downloading file sets from a web site.

4. Downloading file from internet via http/ftp

5. Download file automatically

6. Downloading File

7. IShellExecuteHook or executing downloaded files without asking

8. How to download file with service...

9. Download files from client machine to network directory

10. Downloading Files from FTP

11. Download file

12. Download file in the specific location on the client computer