Run time error only when compiled runs
Author Message
 Run time error only when compiled runs

Hi

My application does it well, when it runs from the de{*filter*}. I compile it
without any error message. (under NT 4.0, VB 5.0)

But if I start the exe, I get immediatly  an run time error 13 (type
mismatch). But no hint, where to find it.

Is there a possibility to find the code that produces the error?

Please help me.

Thanks in advance

Roman

---

Remove NOSPAM from my mail address.(It is inserted to avoid spam mail)
Flowers are the smile of nature. We can do without them, but not as
well.                                                 (Maximilian Kolbe)

Sat, 27 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Run time error only when compiled runs

>But if I start the exe, I get immediatly  an run time error 13 (type
>mismatch). But no hint, where to find it.
>Is there a possibility to find the code that produces the error?

Of course. Insert some logging into your Form_Load or Sub Main and then see
how far it comes.
However, the basic initialization of a program is so important that you should
consider using an error handling in it (On Error Resume Next and catching the
error in all significant places).

  Computers. You can't live with them, you can't live without them.

Sat, 27 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Run time error only when compiled runs

Roman Schwartz schrieb:

Quote:
> Hi

> My application does it well, when it runs from the de{*filter*}. I compile it
> without any error message. (under NT 4.0, VB 5.0)

> But if I start the exe, I get immediatly  an run time error 13 (type
> mismatch). But no hint, where to find it.

> Is there a possibility to find the code that produces the error?

> Please help me.

> Thanks in advance

> Roman

> ---

> Remove NOSPAM from my mail address.(It is inserted to avoid spam mail)
> Flowers are the smile of nature. We can do without them, but not as
> well.                                                 (Maximilian Kolbe)

Ohal?tz ! Das hab ich auch schon gehabt... Die Ursache konnte ich auch nicht
finden, in meinem Fall hats wohl was mit der Getsetting-Funktion zu tun
gehabt.
Die L?sung war einfach : im men Extras\optionen\allgemein\unterbrechen bei
fehlern  die option "Bei jedem Fehler unterbrechen" NICHT anw?hlen, sondern
vorzugsweise "Im Klassenmodul" verwenden. Seitdem ist Ruhe ;))

Gru? aus der N?he von Freiburg  ;))

Sat, 27 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Microsoft Visual C++ Run time library Run time error R6025

2. Microsoft Visual C++ Run time library Run time error R6025

3. Strange Compile Errors at Run-time

4. Run-time Compile Error on some installs

5. run-time error and compiling

6. Run-time error and compiling

7. 31037 run time error with VB4(16) compiled exes

8. Run-time error while compiling.

9. compiled VB proj exhibits run time error, but not in IDE/debug

10. Run-time error 3633 when run on a new machine

11. Code running in design time or run-time?

12. Run-time error '-2147417846 (8001010a)': Automation error (error 440)