Need help! Using Execute method to get a text file from a unix box, the carriage return in the returned file is missing
Author Message
 Need help! Using Execute method to get a text file from a unix box, the carriage return in the returned file is missing

I really appreciate if someone can give me some suggestion on:

I try to download a file from unix box, using this method:

/ocr_test/rios/output/ocr_in.rpt     A:\ocr_in.rpt"

the ocr_in.rpt under the unix box is a text file, at the end of each line,
there is a carriage return-linefeed(0D0A).

After execute this method, when I check the A:\ocr_in.rpt file,  at the end
of each line, only the linefeed(0A), the 0D is missing.

How can I make sure the returned file is the exact same as the original
file?

P.S. when I use FTP, the returned file is the exact same as the original
file.

Thanks for your time.
Michael

612-945-6406

Sat, 23 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help using WINSOCK to create text file on UNIX box from workstation

2. Help using WINSOCK to create text file on UNIX box from workstation

3. SIMPLE HELP NEEDED - Saving a text file using a common dialog box

4. Need help executing Word 2000 from Unix environment

5. HELP! Counting carriage returns in multiline text box

6. HELP Counting carriage returns in multiline text box

7. URGENT Need help with getting data from text files

8. URGENT Need help with getting data from text files

9. URGENT Need help with getting data from text files

10. Need help using a datareader to populate text boxes

11. Need help using rich text box control

12. Downloading a binary file using MSINET execute method