Menu updates in a status bar
Author Message
 Menu updates in a status bar

Many commercial Win95 programs have a feature I would like to implement
from VB4Pro: status bar updates when the mouse moves down a menu. For
instance, select File and run the mouse down the menu choices - even
with the mouse button up, most Win95 programs with a status bar give
simple info about what the menu choice does. Is there a WinAPI call to
do this?

Thanks in advance,

Tim Hodges

Tue, 13 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Menu updates in a status bar

I have been trying to figure this out for three months!  If someone
E-mails you a response to this, please forward it to me!!!

Quote:

>Many commercial Win95 programs have a feature I would like to implement
>from VB4Pro: status bar updates when the mouse moves down a menu. For
>instance, select File and run the mouse down the menu choices - even
>with the mouse button up, most Win95 programs with a status bar give
>simple info about what the menu choice does. Is there a WinAPI call to
>do this?

>Thanks in advance,

>Tim Hodges

Fri, 16 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Updating the status bar when scrolling down a menu

2. Status bar+ menu bar

3. Menu descriptions in a status bar...

4. Menu Commands and Status bar

5. Status bar text and Menu

6. Pulldown menu hints in status bar

7. Displaying info about menu items in a status bar

8. Help Tying a Menu and Status Bar Together

9. Showing menu item descriptions in the status bar?

10. Menus with Status Bar Text

11. Menu Status Bar Help ?

12. Status bar message for menu items in VB 4.0