Color code help
Author Message
 Color code help

I'm designing a game in VB5 and to boost the speed I tried
dropping the color depth. Sure enough the speed improved,
but all the colors I had previously used were converted
into representations using combinations of the 256 'solid'
colors. This, however, looks stupid. I therefore need a way
of converting the 24-bit VB color codes into 8-bit solid
color codes. Any suggestions?

* Sent from AltaVista http://www.*-*-*.com/ Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is Beautiful

Fri, 06 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Color code help
You might check out the GetNearestColor API.  The API-Guide, found at
www.allapi.net
has a sample for using this call.
HTH

Quote:
> I'm designing a game in VB5 and to boost the speed I tried
> dropping the color depth. Sure enough the speed improved,
> but all the colors I had previously used were converted
> into representations using combinations of the 256 'solid'
> colors. This, however, looks stupid. I therefore need a way
> of converting the 24-bit VB color codes into 8-bit solid
> color codes. Any suggestions?

> * Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find

related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping.  Smart is
Beautiful

Sat, 07 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Color codes for the colors of the American flag

2. HELP : How to get color code(s) from bitmap

3. Help: Color code

4. help! color code keywords

5. Help: color coding, RichTextBox

6. a begginer need's help - Hexadecimal Color code

7. How to set color coding w/o using code behind

8. Q. Can we print color-coded VB codes?

9. Color Coding Code with the Rich Text Box...

10. Color Coding Code with the Rich Text Box...

11. Color Coding Code with the Rich Text Box...

12. Need Help - Decrease BMP color depth to 256 color