Dragging Without a Title Bar?
Author Message
 Dragging Without a Title Bar?

I have a form with an Image control that takes up the forms
entire space I would like to be able to drag the Image control
and form simultaneously without using the (ugly) title bar. Is
there anyway this could be done?

Tim

Wed, 17 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Dragging Without a Title Bar?

Quote:
>I have a form with an Image control that takes up the forms
>entire space I would like to be able to drag the Image control
>and form simultaneously without using the (ugly) title bar. Is
>there anyway this could be done?

>Tim

You can trap the left button down event and send the following message to
the form:
     SendMessage(form1.hwnd, &H112,&F012,0)
Steve

Mon, 22 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Dragging Without a Title Bar?

Quote:
>I have a form with an Image control that takes up the forms entire space I
>would like to be able to drag the Image control and form simultaneously
>without using the (ugly) title bar. Is there anyway this could be done?

Hey, I've been outa touch with VB for a year (enjoying a life of Toolbook
programming only), but the technique I used to use, which was pretty neat, is
to use Message Blaster to intercept the WM_NCHITTEST (Non-client hit test)
message, which lets you tell Windows that the mouse is over the caption bar
even if its not, then if the user clicks and drags, the window gets moved like
if they clicked and dragged on the caption bar.

How to do this is demonstrated in "tbox100.zip" which I uploaded to
ftp.cica.indiana.edu some time last year.  Check it out.

Tim.

Tim Barham

Mon, 22 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. drag move title without title bar?

2. Dragging a form without any title bar?

3. Drag form without title bar

4. Dragging a form without a title bar: please help

5. Change Font in title bar of mdi child/Hide title bar

6. Change Font in title bar of mdi child/Hide title bar

7. Title Bar and Drag/Drop

8. How to know when the user has moved the form by dragging the title bar

9. Create window without title bar?

10. Title Bar without buttons

11. I need a FORM without an ICON in the title bar

12. Moving a Form Without a title bar [vb3]