HELP! I keep losing my Data Control
Author Message
 HELP! I keep losing my Data Control

I have a strange problem that I hope someone can help me with.
Several times now I have noticed that my Data Control for Visual Basic
3.0 Professional version has disappeared from the toolbox.  I have
worked around it by opening one of the sample data control programs
and pasting the control to the clipboard; and I have reinstalled VB
3.0 from the original disks a couple of times and that gets it back
into the toolbox.  However, it still disappears.  I'm assuming that
the problem stems from my cleaning out the AUTOLOAD.MAK file to get
rid of VBX's that I don't commonly use.  I don't think the Data
Control is a VBX (at least I don't find one).

Does anyone know how the Data Control can be added back into the
toolbox short of a complete re-install of VB?  And, what can I do to
make sure I don't lose it again.

Thanks,

Dave Evers

Mon, 06 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP! I keep losing my Data Control

Quote:

>Does anyone know how the Data Control can be added back into the
>toolbox short of a complete re-install of VB?

Dave, check your VB.INI file.  Make sure it has a statement
in the [Visual Basic] section that says DataAccess=1.

HTH.
--

Systems Analyst         WWW:    http://www.phoenix.net/~getj
WWW VB KnowledgeBase http://www.phoenix.net/~getj/vb4/vb4kb.html

Thu, 09 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: Lost my Data Control

2. Keeping a textbox in sync with a Data Control

3. keep losing macros

4. keep losing my macros

5. keep losing Properties Window

6. ListView control losing data