"Where am I?" in VB
Author Message
 "Where am I?" in VB

In VB5, how do you tell if the app is running in a compiled version or in the
IDE?

Thanks in advance.

Visit our web sites:
 Techno-Impressionist gallery: http://www.*-*-*.com/
 TLC Systems:                   http://www.*-*-*.com/
 Web-Scope (tm) statistics:     http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 19 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 "Where am I?" in VB

Tony,

Use the line:

Debug.Print 1/0

It will produce a run-time error in the IDE, but not in EXE, because
Debug.Print isn't evaluated in EXE.

Hugo

Quote:

> In VB5, how do you tell if the app is running in a compiled version or in
the
> IDE?

> Thanks in advance.

> Visit our web sites:
>  Techno-Impressionist gallery: http://www.techno-impressionist.com
>  TLC Systems:                  http://www.tlc-systems.com
>  Web-Scope (tm) statistics:    http://www.web-scope.com

Thu, 20 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 "Where am I?" in VB

Hello,

Have a look at artical Q177636 in Microsofts knowidge base

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb

         Alan Davis, Southampton, England

Thu, 20 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 "Where am I?" in VB

The easiest way I've found on how to determine if the app is running in the
compiled mode or in the design environment is as follows:

app.LogEvent " "
if not Len(app.LogFile) = 0 then
    Mgbox "Compiled"
else
    Msgbox "Design-Time"
end if

The app.LogFile is only used in the compiled version.

Quote:

>In VB5, how do you tell if the app is running in a compiled version or in
the
>IDE?

>Thanks in advance.

>Visit our web sites:
> Techno-Impressionist gallery: http://www.techno-impressionist.com
> TLC Systems:                  http://www.tlc-systems.com
> Web-Scope (tm) statistics:    http://www.web-scope.com

Fri, 21 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 "Where am I?" in VB

do a

debug.assert AFunctionWhichSetsBoolean

This will only be called during development time. The nice thing about this
method is that when u make an exe it does
not get compiled in.

Menno

Quote:

>In VB5, how do you tell if the app is running in a compiled version or in
the
>IDE?

>Thanks in advance.

>Visit our web sites:
> Techno-Impressionist gallery: http://www.techno-impressionist.com
> TLC Systems:                  http://www.tlc-systems.com
> Web-Scope (tm) statistics:    http://www.web-scope.com

Fri, 28 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 "Where am I?" in VB

I believe there is a boolean property which has something like "UserMode" in
it... Do a search in help.

Quote:

--
Ryan Faricy - RySoft
I encrypt with my own RySoft Cryption (RSC) and PGP!

RSC Public Key: See alt.security.keydist Newsgroup

VB5 Site: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/rfaricy/index.html

The world keeps ending but new people too dumb to
it keep showing up as if the fun's just started.
    John Updike - Rabbit is Rich

Wed, 02 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. For "i" am loopy

2. datepart("h", mytime), problem with AM and PM

3. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

4. GetObject("","InternetExplorer.Application") fails in Excel VBA

5. SysCmd 603, "path","path"

6. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons

7. Loop print "VARIABLE", "VARIABLE"

8. DLL or something like "#"#ยค#"!"#

9. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons

11. Problem With "window.showmodaldialog("")"