VB and Windows CE - can it be done???
Author Message
 VB and Windows CE - can it be done???

Does anyone out there know if we will be able to write apps to run
on the new Windows CE with VB, in either its current or future
versions?? Or do we have to bury ourselves in (damn) C++??
thanks in advance.
--
Campbell Maffett
SportSoft Computing

14/39 Maribyrnong Rd
Ascot Vale
Victoria  AUSTRALIA   3032
ph. 613 9370 6007

Sat, 21 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB and Windows CE - can it be done???

Quote:

> Does anyone out there know if we will be able to write apps to run
> on the new Windows CE with VB, in either its current or future
> versions?? Or do we have to bury ourselves in (damn) C++??
> thanks in advance.

As far as I can determine you can't program the current
version in anything but C++. Actually the answer is worse
than that because you can't use MFC either.

Sat, 21 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB and Windows CE - can it be done???

Quote:

> > Does anyone out there know if we will be able to write apps to run
> > on the new Windows CE with VB, in either its current or future
> > versions?? Or do we have to bury ourselves in (damn) C++??
> > thanks in advance.

Boy, can we start a letter writing campaign to get this????
I'm using VB-DOS to write for the HP100/200 and would love to start in
with Windows CE!

Tue, 24 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB and Windows CE - can it be done???

Quote:

>Does anyone out there know if we will be able to write apps to run
>on the new Windows CE with VB, in either its current or future
>versions?? Or do we have to bury ourselves in (damn) C++??
>thanks in advance.

Nope.  Windows CE is currently just an embedded design challange.  All
of the downside of Windows with none of the upside, from a development
point of view.

Close your eyes and it might still go away...

jim

Tue, 14 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB and Windows CE - can it be done???

It's really not that bad :=)

But with the statements that VB5 and VC++ have the same underlying code
generator, I don't thing its too far fetched to expect something in that
vein. The real issue is now that they've invested all that time in a
stripped down MFC (only 200K) for WinCE, will they do it again for
VBx0032.DLL?

Quote:
> Close your eyes and it might still go away...

Sun, 19 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB and Windows CE - can it be done???

Microsoft does have VC++ for CE.  Check out their Web site.

Gerry O'Brien
Owner
GK Computer Consulting

http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/gkcomput/

> It's really not that bad :=)

> But with the statements that VB5 and VC++ have the same underlying code
> generator, I don't thing its too far fetched to expect something in that
> vein. The real issue is now that they've invested all that time in a
> stripped down MFC (only 200K) for WinCE, will they do it again for
> VBx0032.DLL?

> > Close your eyes and it might still go away...

Fri, 24 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB and Windows CE - can it be done???

2. Windows CE and VB - can it be done???

3. Windows CE and VB - can it be done???

4. Windows CE and VB - can it be done???

5. Windows CE or not Windows CE?

6. VB for Windows CE (yet?)

7. Windows CE & VB

8. VB & Windows CE

9. VB application running on Windows CE

10. Windows CE development in VB 5

11. VB toolkit for HP620XL (Windows CE)?

12. Can VB apps run on Windows CE