Label change event not occurring when Message Box displayed
Author Message
 Label change event not occurring when Message Box displayed

Peoples,

I am experiencing a problem with the Change Event of a Label not firing when a Messagebox is displayed.  If any
of you could provide assitance it would be most appreciated.

Description of the Scenario......

My application has a label which is is "connected to" an Automatic DDE Link to a piece of proprietary software.

In the change event I have code to change the background colour of the form containing the label.

When the automatic DDE link changes the caption of the label, the change event is supposed to fire and then
change the background colour... This works most of the time.

However, if my program is displaying a standard VB MsgBox when the automatic DDE link causes the caption to
change, the caption changes but the Change Event does not occur.

I have noticed that VB timers do not fire while messageboxes are being displayed and guess that it is something
to do with the messageboxes being MODAL.

This is really important as my clients are breathing down my neck as we speak?!!?

Thankyou in advance,

Anthony Ingram
Telstra

Sat, 26 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Label change event not occurring when Message Box displayed

Quote:

>Peoples,

>I am experiencing a problem with the Change Event of a Label not firing when

a Messagebox is displayed.
one option is not to use a msgbox but a normal form that looks like  a
msgbox, however, i am not satisfied with this, and i'll look around,
and hopefully, i will come with a better solution, like an api or
so..
maty

Sat, 26 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Why does Message Box does not display complete Message

2. Timer event fires while message box is being displayed

3. Change Event not occuring while MsgBox is displayed

4. NewMail event does not occur during startup

5. NewMail event does not occur during startup

6. DataCombo _Change event not occurring

7. Why did not the KeyPress event occur?

8. TrueDB Grid Combo box change event not responding

9. Cobmo Box Change event not working

10. GotFocus event not occurring after MsgBox

11. Making an Event Log Message File in VB (NOT WRITING TO THE EVENT LOG)

12. Event on Message box or text box from external app