Trouble with ADO Connection.Open() Error 3625 Item not found in collection
Author Message
 Trouble with ADO Connection.Open() Error 3625 Item not found in collection

Hi developers!

I have this code that gives me error: 3625 Item not found in collection
when the program tries to execute the line :  conn.Open "Biblio"

I have set a reference to Active X Data Objects 1.0.
I made an entry in ODBC32 manager called Biblio that is pointing to the
famous Biblio.Mdb that comes with VB. - I cannot understand what I am doing
wrong!

Private Sub Form_Load()
    Dim conn As ADODB.Connection
    Dim rs As ADODB.Connection

    Set conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    conn.Open "Biblio" '  <- ERROR here Item Not Found In collection
End Sub

If anyone could tell me what I am doing wrong I would appreciate it!

TV

Sat, 28 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Trouble with ADO Connection.Open() Error 3625 Item not found in collection

Hi!
Exactly the same code works fine for me. Maybe you should upgrade to ADO
1.5.
Another idea: What kind of ODBC DSN did you create? I seem to remember that
ADO wants System DSNs only.
HTH, Sigi

Quote:
>Hi developers!

>I have this code that gives me error: 3625 Item not found in collection
>when the program tries to execute the line :  conn.Open "Biblio"

>I have set a reference to Active X Data Objects 1.0.
>I made an entry in ODBC32 manager called Biblio that is pointing to the
>famous Biblio.Mdb that comes with VB. - I cannot understand what I am doing
>wrong!

>Private Sub Form_Load()
>    Dim conn As ADODB.Connection
>    Dim rs As ADODB.Connection

>    Set conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
>    conn.Open "Biblio" '  <- ERROR here Item Not Found In collection
>End Sub

Mon, 30 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Trouble with ADO Connection.Open() Error 3625 Item not found in collection

Thank you for replying!  :-)

I think 'll try upgrading. I did actually make a System DSN. Since the code
runs fine until the troublesome line I also gather that there is nothing
wrong with the methods/objects I am using. I wonder if the collection the
error is referring to is a collection of drivers/ODBC - DSN's - well I'll
keep looking! - The code also works on NT Server but not in Win95.

TV

Quote:
> Hi!
> Exactly the same code works fine for me. Maybe you should upgrade to ADO
> 1.5.
> Another idea: What kind of ODBC DSN did you create? I seem to remember
that
> ADO wants System DSNs only.
> HTH, Sigi

> >Hi developers!

> >I have this code that gives me error: 3625 Item not found in collection
> >when the program tries to execute the line :  conn.Open "Biblio"

> >I have set a reference to Active X Data Objects 1.0.
> >I made an entry in ODBC32 manager called Biblio that is pointing to the
> >famous Biblio.Mdb that comes with VB. - I cannot understand what I am
doing
> >wrong!

> >Private Sub Form_Load()
> >    Dim conn As ADODB.Connection
> >    Dim rs As ADODB.Connection

> >    Set conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
> >    conn.Open "Biblio" '  <- ERROR here Item Not Found In collection
> >End Sub

Mon, 30 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. item not found in collection error in qrydef

2. Item not found in Collection Error?

3. Item not found in collection error

4. Item Not Found in Collection (Error 3036)

5. Item not found in this collection error

6. Error 3265:Item not found in this collection

7. Error 3265 Item not found in this collection

8. recordset error - Item not found in this collection

9. 3265 runtime error, item not found in collection

10. Item not found in this collection error

11. Run-time error 3265: Item not found in this collection

12. Recordset error - item not found in this collection