Dynamic Loading forms
Author Message
 Dynamic Loading forms

I am trying to develop an application that allows my users to
process their data flow from sreen to screen (much like a
wizard with backward and forward).  I would like to make it as
generic as possible (by putting screen names either in an INI
file or database table) to allow the user to change the flow of
the screens without having to change the program.  Is there an
easy way to do this ?  Is there a way to set a form object to a
string variable ?  Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Mark

Mon, 23 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic Loading forms

Quote:

>I am trying to develop an application that allows my users to
>process their data flow from sreen to screen (much like a
>wizard with backward and forward).  I would like to make it as
>generic as possible (by putting screen names either in an INI
>file or database table) to allow the user to change the flow of
>the screens without having to change the program.  Is there an
>easy way to do this ?  Is there a way to set a form object to a
>string variable ?  Any ideas ?

Right now you're pretty much stuck with

dim frm as form
select case type
case "asdf"
        set frm = new asdf

John

VisualWare, Inc.
Custom Visual Basic, C++, and Windows Programming
1675 East Main St, Suite 218
Kent OH 44240
(216) 297-4444

Mon, 23 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Dynamic Loading forms
This is *very* awkward (and I'm not aware of a way in which VB4 helps,
unless you started builidng each form as an OLE object).

I've written some code in the past that loaded up *any* form stored in
VB text format. It was awkward code, and it had many limitations. It
would have been particularly awkward to put data into and out of its
controls (fortunately I just needed to preview the form layout)

How I would approach your problem would be to design a generic form
and build it into my project, then load controls onto it dynamically
at run-time (search help for control arrays). This isn't too
difficult. The awkward bit would be developing a way of representing
your form layout, probably by using an Access database or similar,
rather than parsing VB-format text files. Using the .Tag property is
also useful, as a means of identifying controls.

--

If all it takes is an infinite number of monkeys with typewriters,
how come AOL haven't written any Shakespeare yet ?

Tue, 24 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Dynamic loading forms using reflection

2. how to load custom usercontrol dynamic on form

3. VB 6.0 Dynamic Form loading?

4. dynamic form loading

5. VB 6.0 Dynamic Form loading?

6. dynamic form loading

7. dynamic form loading

8. Dynamic Loading of Forms

9. Looking for dynamic ComboBox-VBX (goes too long in Form.Load)

10. Forms dynamic loading

11. Dynamic Form Loads: CallByName

12. Form Dynamic property , app Dynamic property ?