VB4 32-bit toolbar button images corrupted
Author Message
 VB4 32-bit toolbar button images corrupted

I have an ImageList whose BMPs (32x32) are fine IN THE IMAGELIST, but
when I add ImageList to Toolbar and set an image to a button, the
picture I see is corrupted, mostly the palette is screwed.  This
happened with several BMPs, until I tinkered around in PaintShop Pro,
but there is one picture I just can't view properly once it is in the
toolbar.

Help!

Mike Mitchell

Tue, 29 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB4 32-bit toolbar button images corrupted

There is a bug in the toolbar control where the palette information is
lost.  I don't recall exactly what the workaround is, but it's in the VB
Knowledge Base on the Technet CD or at Microsoft.com.

Fri, 02 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 VB4 32-bit toolbar button images corrupted

Quote:
>I have an ImageList whose BMPs (32x32) are fine IN THE IMAGELIST, but
>when I add ImageList to Toolbar and set an image to a button, the
>picture I see is corrupted, mostly the palette is screwed.  This
>happened with several BMPs, until I tinkered around in PaintShop Pro,
>but there is one picture I just can't view properly once it is in the
>toolbar.

>Help!

>Mike Mitchell

I have done all my images in Paintbrush as 16 colors.  Make the image that you
want to be transparent a color you don't use (light gray if you have no other
choice).  I usually use light purple.  Make your imagelist maskcolor the
unused color.  This makes it so that even if the user changes their color
scheme in win 95 it still works.  I would also recommend setting things up so
it looks correct, then change your color scheme and check things again.
Sometimes, when a button is disabled, it looks bad, but if you choose
contrasting colors well, you can get a good, disabled image (the way it
happens is some colors go gray and some go transparent making the new image a
"shadow" of the real image - I don't know which colors go dark and which ones
go light, but it's not light colors go light -more like really light colors go
light).   Hope this helps.

        -brian

        Brian Davis

        www.cis.com/briand

Sat, 03 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB4-16bit or VB4-32 bit Floating Thin Toolbar

2. BUG: Toolbar-Buttons 32*32 wrong pricture - toolbar.zip (0/1)

3. BUG: Toolbar-Buttons 32*32 wrong pricture - toolbar.zip (1/1)

4. Calling 32-bit DLL function from 32-bit VB4 app

5. VB4.0 32 Bit Toolbar Question(s)

6. Toolbar on MDI Form, VB4 32-bit.

7. Russian(Cyrillic): vb4 32-bit works, but vb4 16-bit doesn't

8. VB4 32-bit Common Dialogs - Help buttons

9. VB4 32-bit ODBC to SQL Server - Bad Image

10. VB4 32-bit ODBC to SQL Server - Bad Image

11. Transparent bitmaps with Images in VB4 32 bit

12. HELP - graying images in VB4-32 bit