Power Point Files into Visual Basic programs
Author Message
 Power Point Files into Visual Basic programs

Hello N.G.!
I have a problem with the merging of Power Point files into
 Visual Basic programs! Can someone help or say me,
whether this is at all possible?
Thank you!
Tobi

Wed, 28 Apr 2004 02:36:47 GMT
 Power Point Files into Visual Basic programs
I'm not at all sure what you want to do. Visual Basic creates applications,
a combination of various objects that work together to allow the user to
execute and interact with them. A Power Point file is simply data that is
created by and interpreted by the Power Point software to create a display.
In what manner, exactly, did you have in mind to "merge" them?

Quote:
> Hello N.G.!
> I have a problem with the merging of Power Point files into
>  Visual Basic programs! Can someone help or say me,
> whether this is at all possible?
> Thank you!
> Tobi

Wed, 28 Apr 2004 05:55:05 GMT
 Power Point Files into Visual Basic programs
I want to include a Power-Point file into a Visual Basic program as a intro.
I know that you can make this with Flash but I want to do it with Power
Point.
Sorry, I dindt know what "to merge" means as I have this vocab from the
Altavista Babelfish. My English is not very good... But I wrote this answear
on my own! ;-)

Wed, 28 Apr 2004 07:37:42 GMT
 Power Point Files into Visual Basic programs
Ah, I believe I understand.

You want to _display_ or _show_ a PowerPoint presentation as an introduction
to your Visual Basic application.

I do not know of any ActiveX controls to display PowerPoint files. That does
not mean that there are no such ActiveX controls, but if it were very
common, I think I would have seen it advertised somewhere.

You might save your Power Point presentation as HTML, however, and use the
Browser Control to display it. I have not done that, but it seems a
reasonable approach to the problem. And, it does not require purchase of
additional software.

Quote:
> I want to include a Power-Point file into a Visual Basic program as a
intro.
> I know that you can make this with Flash but I want to do it with Power
> Point.
> Sorry, I dindt know what "to merge" means as I have this vocab from the
> Altavista Babelfish. My English is not very good... But I wrote this
answear
> on my own! ;-)

Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:52:22 GMT
 Power Point Files into Visual Basic programs

Quote:
>I want to include a Power-Point file into a Visual Basic program as a intro.
>I know that you can make this with Flash but I want to do it with Power
>Point.

Tobias, there's a freebie PowerPoint viewer. Could you use that?

Regards.
--
Martin Trump

Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:12:41 GMT
 Power Point Files into Visual Basic programs

Quote:

> Hello N.G.!
> I have a problem with the merging of Power Point files into
>  Visual Basic programs! Can someone help or say me,
> whether this is at all possible?

Hi Tobi-

The last time I looked at PowerPoint, it looked like all it put out was
either GIF or BMP image files.
If it's just BMPs, then just load them into pictureboxes on a form in
the correct sequence. If they are GIFs, then you may have to convert
them first. In the HTML that I saw, it looked like you could just add a
couple of Command buttons to do the <Next> and <Previous> instructions.
It should not be that difficult if you name all of your images with a
common base name and a sequentially higher numbered portion of the name.
For example "image01.bmp" through "image99.bmp". If you need specific
"animation" then maybe a small file with the name and time duration of
each image could be implemented. Use a pointer to a specific image that
is set by a static integer that follows the state of the <Next> and
<Previous> buttons and you're basically done.

That's what I'd do, but you're free to do as you please...

Good Luck,

Randy Barrow

Please remove NOSPAM from address for replies

Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:40:53 GMT
 Power Point Files into Visual Basic programs

Quote:

> >I want to include a Power-Point file into a Visual Basic program as a intro.
> >I know that you can make this with Flash but I want to do it with Power
> >Point.

> Tobias, there's a freebie PowerPoint viewer. Could you use that?

> Regards.
> --
> Martin Trump

I had some good luck using the SHELL command to run the PowerPoint viewer
recently. I had to use a variant though-SHELL runs asynchronously & I needed to
pause the VB program until the presentation finished. I was directed to
Shell32.zip at http://www.mvps.org/vb/samples.htm

Sun, 02 May 2004 04:18:18 GMT
 Power Point Files into Visual Basic programs

Quote:
>> Tobias, there's a freebie PowerPoint viewer. Could you use that?

>> Regards.
>> --
>> Martin Trump

>I had some good luck using the SHELL command to run the PowerPoint viewer
>recently. I had to use a variant though-SHELL runs asynchronously & I needed to
>pause the VB program until the presentation finished. I was directed to
>Shell32.zip at http://www.mvps.org/vb/samples.htm

Calvin, I'm pleased to hear the first part sort of worked but I'm afraid
the rest is beyond my competence. Perhaps others here can help you.

Good luck.

Regards.

--
Martin Trump

Sun, 02 May 2004 04:45:47 GMT

1. WTD: Power Basic or Visual Basic

2. dbase programming(basic) in relation to Visual Basic programming

3. Visual basic programs - connect to a server - Visual Basic 5 Enterprice Edition

4. Porting a Power Basic Program to VB

5. How mixed fortran power station 4.0 with visual basic

6. BETA RELEASE: Visual Basic IDE Power Tools 2.0

7. ! Visual Basic 4.0 Power Toolkit Order List!

8. BETA RELEASE: Visual Basic IDE Power Tools 2.0

9. BETA RELEASE: Visual Basic IDE Power Tools 2.0

10. FS: Visual Basic 4.0 Power Toolkit

11. Power Builder vs Visual Basic