The way of getting another event during processing of a event
Author Message
 The way of getting another event during processing of a event

Hi, there
I want to implement a Visual Basic program,
which process the I/O function to serial port.
And somtimes I have to cancel the I/O request
when it does not have a reponse. I can use the
TimeOut methord in I/O functions to prevent the
blocking. but I want to send a the cancel I/O
functions as a command(event) such as menu. But,
in VB, I can't select any other menu during
processing a event(such as 'request I/O'). How
can I select other menu to send a 'cancel I/O'
when the 'request I/O' is being processed ?
Please, if you know, give me the way.
Thanks for reading my problem.
Good luck.
Insook.

Sat, 24 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. checking for click event during lost focus event

2. Events, Events, alas, wherefore art thou events...

3. Events, Events, alas, wherefore art thou events...

4. Events, Events, alas, wherefore art thou events...

5. Control Event Problem (Post Event after an event is fired)

6. calling functions during events

7. Closing a form during an Event

8. Find Events OCCURRING during date range

9. NewMail event does not occur during startup

10. NewMail event does not occur during startup

11. Keystates during MouseDown/MouseUp event

12. Resize Event fires during Form Load