Need to retrieve HTML pages and save as Text via VB or VBA
Author Message
 Need to retrieve HTML pages and save as Text via VB or VBA

Greetings ... I am in search of some VB examples or advice to learn how I can
specify a URL in my code and have it go to the Internet, retrieve the page and
save the HTML as a text file.  I've tried a few things and never seem to be
able to do it, but I know it's possible because I've been able to do it in
JavaScript, which
is not ideal.  It would be nice to be able to get it into VB or VBA, as it
seems I should be able to do with ActiveX ....

Thanks,

Ralph Noble

Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:45:27 GMT
 Need to retrieve HTML pages and save as Text via VB or VBA
2 ways that I can think of off the cuff.
Use the Microsoft Internet Controls component to navigate to a page then
recover the HTML from this or use wininet.
There are examples at www.vbip.com.

Quote:
> Greetings ... I am in search of some VB examples or advice to learn how I
can
> specify a URL in my code and have it go to the Internet, retrieve the page
and
> save the HTML as a text file.  I've tried a few things and never seem to
be
> able to do it, but I know it's possible because I've been able to do it in
> JavaScript, which
> is not ideal.  It would be nice to be able to get it into VB or VBA, as it
> seems I should be able to do with ActiveX ....

> Thanks,

> Ralph Noble

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 18:15:47 GMT

1. Read source of HTML-page into a text file via VBScript

2. Read source of HTML-page into a text file via VBScript

3. Need advice on SAVE/RETRIEVE BYTES not text

4. Save current html page as html file

5. writing HTML form content to Microsoft Outlook via VB in ASP page

6. Save OLE Objest via VB or VBA

7. using VBA to get HTML pages and pull info from those pages

8. Retrieving text from a page in Word (VB/Word)

9. Save Visio page as bitmap from VB/VBA

10. Saving Rich Text Format (RTF) in Oracle 10g using PL/SQL via VB/ASP.NET

11. Text Message Paging in VB via modem

12. saving html from VB Text string to paste into Outlook