Converting Text to Graphics (bmp files) is there a way!
Author Message
 Converting Text to Graphics (bmp files) is there a way!

Are there any freebees out there that anyone knows of that will allow me to
create bmp files from strings in a text box?

TIA

Eric

Mon, 04 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting Text to Graphics (bmp files) is there a way!
Hi Eric,

While you are looking for freebees here is some idea to try:

Use the Print method of a Picture box to print the string on it and then use
the SavePicture Statement to save the PictureBox image to a .bmp file.
This is the VB equivalent of what you need to otherwise do with API calls.

Regards,
              Stoil

Quote:

> Are there any freebees out there that anyone knows of that will allow me to
> create bmp files from strings in a text box?

> TIA

> Eric

Mon, 04 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting Text to Graphics (bmp files) is there a way!
Just remember, though, that when you use Print or Circle etc to put text or
graphics into a Picture Box then that becomes the "Image" property of the
box. You can only use SavePicture (or PaintPicture) etc on the "Picture"
property of the Picture Box - so before you print the text into the Picture
Box make sure that you set its Autoredraw property to True (this will cause
the image to be drawn into memory as well as the Picture Box and it will
thus become a "permanent" property) - and then use "Picture1.Picture =
Picture1.Image"

Mike

Quote:

>Hi Eric,

>While you are looking for freebees here is some idea to try:

>Use the Print method of a Picture box to print the string on it and then
use
>the SavePicture Statement to save the PictureBox image to a .bmp file.
>This is the VB equivalent of what you need to otherwise do with API calls.

>Regards,
>              Stoil

>> Are there any freebees out there that anyone knows of that will allow me
>> create bmp files from strings in a text box?

>> TIA

>> Eric

Tue, 05 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting Text to Graphics (bmp files) is there a way!
The SavePicture procedure accepts a picture as a parameter (a long value).
If a picture isn't assinged to a picture box it produces an error.  Simply
printing the a picturebox won't work.  I would say go with the api call

Quote:

>Hi Eric,

>While you are looking for freebees here is some idea to try:

>Use the Print method of a Picture box to print the string on it and then
use
>the SavePicture Statement to save the PictureBox image to a .bmp file.
>This is the VB equivalent of what you need to otherwise do with API calls.

>Regards,
>              Stoil

>> Are there any freebees out there that anyone knows of that will allow me
>> create bmp files from strings in a text box?

>> TIA

>> Eric

Tue, 05 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting Text to Graphics (bmp files) is there a way!
It does work. First set the Autoredraw property of the Picture Box to True,
then Print your text into it and then use Picture1.Picture = Picture1.image.

Mike

Quote:

>The SavePicture procedure accepts a picture as a parameter (a long value).
>If a picture isn't assinged to a picture box it produces an error.  Simply
>printing the a picturebox won't work.  I would say go with the api call
>snip<

Wed, 06 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Converting BSAVE Graphics Files to BMP or GIF

2. convert my graphics mschart in picture box or file .bmp

3. How to convert a gif file to bmp file

4. Wanted text to graphics (bmp) ocx

5. Convert BMP file to GIF file

6. How to convert a BMP file to a JPG file

7. Converting a bmp file to a PNG file

8. Converting DXF files to .WMF or .BMP files

9. Converting text to BMP or TIFF

10. Converting text to BMP or TIFF

11. Form Window to BMP graphic file

12. Convert color BMP to black and white BMP