unsigned 32 bits integer arithmetic / overflow
Author Message
 unsigned 32 bits integer arithmetic / overflow

Is it possible to use unsigned 32 bits integers in Visual Basic 4.0?

Is it possible to disable, with reference to 32 bits integer, the
overflow check?

Tanx.

Mon, 28 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 unsigned 32 bits integer arithmetic / overflow

Quote:
> Is it possible to use unsigned 32 bits integers in Visual Basic 4.0?
> Is it possible to disable, with reference to 32 bits integer, the
> overflow check?
> Tanx.

You might be able to do tricks with the binary operators
And, Or, Xor, Not, and Eqv to zap the high bits before
overflow can occur. Be careful that you don't invest more
effort in this than you would if you wrote a C/C++ DLL to
do the unsigned long integer arithmetic for your VB app.

Mon, 28 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Color as an Unsigned 32 bit integer

2. 32-bit unsigned integer

3. Checking bits of an unsigned integer

4. arithmetic overflow without overflow

5. 16 bits and 32 bits application

6. Control bits of Lpt port in Visual basic 4 32 bits

7. Control bits of Lpt port in Visual basic 4 32 bits

8. vb3 16 bits to vb4 32 bits translation code problems

9. Problems with vb3 16 bits to vb4 32 bits translation code

10. Unsigned arithmetic in VB

11. Long = Integer * Integer Overflow error

12. Error handling / Arithmetic overflow error