Visual Basic - Subscript Out Of Range
Author Message
 Visual Basic - Subscript Out Of Range

Hi

I got error message "Subscript out of range" when i luanch my Visual
basic 6.0. Does any body know hwo to solve this problem??? The error
still same event i uninstall and install my VB............Please
help......Thanks!

CL

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:52:09 GMT
 Visual Basic - Subscript Out Of Range

Quote:

> Hi

> I got error message "Subscript out of range" when i luanch my Visual
> basic 6.0. Does any body know hwo to solve this problem???

Yeah, don't do that!!!

The problem is <not> VB, it's your fault--you've got a reference to an
array that is out of the dimension bounds for the array.  Perhaps you're
on Option Base 1 and have an uninitialized index which is 0?

Look at the code in the IDE and you'll undoubtedly find the problem...

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:59:07 GMT
 Visual Basic - Subscript Out Of Range
On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 07:59:07 -0600, Duane Bozarth

Quote:

>> Hi

>> I got error message "Subscript out of range" when i luanch my Visual
>> basic 6.0. Does any body know hwo to solve this problem???

>Yeah, don't do that!!!

>The problem is <not> VB, it's your fault--you've got a reference to an
>array that is out of the dimension bounds for the array.  Perhaps you're
>on Option Base 1 and have an uninitialized index which is 0?

>Look at the code in the IDE and you'll undoubtedly find the problem...

Hm.. he says he gets the error when he launches VB6 itself..
Perhaps a third party Add-in screwing around ?

--

Regards, Frank

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 23:29:29 GMT
 Visual Basic - Subscript Out Of Range

Quote:

> On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 07:59:07 -0600, Duane Bozarth

> >> Hi

> >> I got error message "Subscript out of range" when i luanch my Visual
> >> basic 6.0. Does any body know hwo to solve this problem???

> >Yeah, don't do that!!!

> >The problem is <not> VB, it's your fault--you've got a reference to an
> >array that is out of the dimension bounds for the array.  Perhaps you're
> >on Option Base 1 and have an uninitialized index which is 0?

> >Look at the code in the IDE and you'll undoubtedly find the problem...

> Hm.. he says he gets the error when he launches VB6 itself..
> Perhaps a third party Add-in screwing around ?

> --

> Regards, Frank

Oooh...you're right, I overlooked that (or assumed he meant when opened
a project)...yeah, that <would> be different!

If did a re-install and still had it, would imply an add-in must still
be{*filter*} around from previous install or there's another "DLL hell"
symptom.  I'd ask if any/latest service packs were installed as <maybe>
a cure...

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 00:02:13 GMT
 Visual Basic - Subscript Out Of Range

Quote:

> > On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 07:59:07 -0600, Duane Bozarth

> > >Yeah, don't do that!!!

> > >The problem is <not> VB, it's your fault--you've got a reference to an
> > >array that is out of the dimension bounds for the array.  Perhaps you're
> > >on Option Base 1 and have an uninitialized index which is 0?

> > >Look at the code in the IDE and you'll undoubtedly find the problem...

> > Hm.. he says he gets the error when he launches VB6 itself..
> > Perhaps a third party Add-in screwing around ?

> > --

> > Regards, Frank

> Oooh...you're right, I overlooked that (or assumed he meant when opened
> a project)...yeah, that <would> be different!

> If did a re-install and still had it, would imply an add-in must still
> be{*filter*} around from previous install or there's another "DLL hell"
> symptom.  I'd ask if any/latest service packs were installed as <maybe>
> a cure...

Yes, event a new project also giving me the same error. This is not
only happen to my computer now but it's also happen to some of my
friend machines.

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:13:40 GMT
 Visual Basic - Subscript Out Of Range

<snip>

Quote:
>> If did a re-install and still had it, would imply an add-in must still
>> be{*filter*} around from previous install or there's another "DLL hell"
>> symptom.  I'd ask if any/latest service packs were installed as <maybe>
>> a cure...

>Yes, event a new project also giving me the same error. This is not
>only happen to my computer now but it's also happen to some of my
>friend machines.

Can you identify what you and your friends have been giving each other

It does sound like a dodgy add-in - but could be some sort of virus

I hate to say it, but it does sound as if a complete reinstallation of
your system is required.

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:33:01 GMT
 Visual Basic - Subscript Out Of Range

Quote:

> > > On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 07:59:07 -0600, Duane Bozarth

> > > Hm.. he says he gets the error when he launches VB6 itself..
> > > Perhaps a third party Add-in screwing around ?

> > > --

> > > Regards, Frank

> > Oooh...you're right, I overlooked that (or assumed he meant when opened
> > a project)...yeah, that <would> be different!

> > If did a re-install and still had it, would imply an add-in must still
> > be{*filter*} around from previous install or there's another "DLL hell"
> > symptom.  I'd ask if any/latest service packs were installed as <maybe>
> > a cure...

> Yes, event a new project also giving me the same error. This is not
> only happen to my computer now but it's also happen to some of my
> friend machines.

Well, it might help to provide some additional information such as OS,
SP level, SP level of VB, etc.  However, if you're seeing it spread,
sounds to me like you or one of your friends is infected w/some sort of
virus or worm or other bad code you've gotten from some external
source.  This is not a symptom seen elsewhere I've heard of.

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:07:03 GMT
 Visual Basic - Subscript Out Of Range
On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:07:03 -0600, Duane Bozarth

Quote:

>> Yes, event a new project also giving me the same error. This is not
>> only happen to my computer now but it's also happen to some of my
>> friend machines.

>Well, it might help to provide some additional information such as OS,
>SP level, SP level of VB, etc.  However, if you're seeing it spread,
>sounds to me like you or one of your friends is infected w/some sort of
>virus or worm or other bad code you've gotten from some external
>source.  This is not a symptom seen elsewhere I've heard of.

Of course it can also be a bad copy of VB being passed around between
friends. If so and original, then MS should be able to help by
replacing the CD, if not original then you're hosed..

--

Regards, Frank

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:12:36 GMT

1. Subscript out of range error

2. Subscript Out Of Range

3. Subscript out of range error

4. Subscript out of range error

5. Subscript out of range

6. AddShapeRecordDetected Error: Subscript out of range

7. Defining an array and getting Subscript Out of Range Error

8. array subscript out of range

9. help with subscript out of range error

10. subscript out of range? (floating array problem)

11. Xarray ended up with Subscript out of range in Asian locale

12. Problems With FlexGrid And Subscript Out Of Range Error