Microsoft Multimedia Control 6.0
Author Message
 Microsoft Multimedia Control 6.0

When I try to use the Microsoft Multimedia Control 6.0, I get the following
message:

'License information for this component not found. You do not have an
appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment. '

What do I have to do to be able to use this control?

I don't know if if makes any difference, but I am using the VB 6 learning
edition.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Microsoft Multimedia Control 6.0
You need the Professional edition for the Multimedia Control.  I can also
say from my own experience that this will just be the start of your
problems!  It might be worth seeing what you can do with the Windows Media
Player or RealPlayer controls first.

Quote:
> When I try to use the Microsoft Multimedia Control 6.0, I get the
following
> message:

> 'License information for this component not found. You do not have an
> appropriate license to use this functionality in the design environment. '

> What do I have to do to be able to use this control?

> I don't know if if makes any difference, but I am using the VB 6 learning
> edition.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Microsoft Multimedia Control 6.0
I see this problem cropping up now and then, with various controls. Most
commonly the Multimedia control, and the common dialog control.
As far as I ca tell, the error can be caused by installing other software.
My other computer erfused to let me use the Multimedia control. M<y uncles,
the common dialog. He suspects it was his SB Live audio software that causes
it, but he can't be sure. His solution (one which is annoying, but ultimatly
works) was this.
He reinstalled Windows (bit extreme, you could probably get away without
doing this) and installed VB first. He then wrote a short proggy that used
the control (just a form with a button, clicking it opened the "open"
dialog). That was all the program did. HE then put this program into the
start menu so that it was running when he installed any other software. That
way, no other software could "steal" the control.

--
Virulent,
Virutech Industries

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Help please! Microsoft Multimedia Control 6.0 (MCI32.OCX)

2. Help please! Microsoft Multimedia Control 6.0 (MCI32.OCX)

3. Microsoft Multimedia Control 6.0

4. Help please! Microsoft Multimedia Control 6.0 (MCI32.OCX)

5. Multimedia Control 6.0 ignoring play command

6. mp3 microsoft multimedia control

7. microsoft multimedia control visual basic

8. A replacement for Microsoft Multimedia Control?

9. Microsoft Multimedia control Help

10. Microsoft Multimedia Control (MCI32.OCX)

11. Microsoft's Multimedia Control

12. vb6 - I have no Project-Components-Control called Microsoft Common Dialog Control 6.0