how to change field size and delete field MS ACCESS/VB
Author Message
 how to change field size and delete field MS ACCESS/VB

[Q] how to change field size and delete field MS ACCESS/VB

How can I change the field size in an MS ACCESS database
via VB also I would like to know how to delete an existing
field via VB.

vb 40 16 bit, MS ACCESS 2.0

TIA,
Brett

Sun, 27 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 how to change field size and delete field MS ACCESS/VB

Hello Brett,

Search the help for the Field Object/Fields Collection summary page.  It
will show how you can reference the size property of any field object and
change it.  It also will reference the Delete method of the Fields
Collection that will allow you to remove a field from any Collection of
Fields (like the one in a TableDef Object).

I hope that helps,

Larry Tubbs, MCPS, MCSD
Silverleaf Vacation Club

http://www.flash.net/~enigma/

Quote:
> [Q] how to change field size and delete field MS ACCESS/VB

> How can I change the field size in an MS ACCESS database
> via VB also I would like to know how to delete an existing
> field via VB.

> vb 40 16 bit, MS ACCESS 2.0

> TIA,
> Brett

Mon, 28 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 how to change field size and delete field MS ACCESS/VB

Quote:

> [Q] how to change field size and delete field MS ACCESS/VB

> How can I change the field size in an MS ACCESS database
> via VB also I would like to know how to delete an existing
> field via VB.

> vb 40 16 bit, MS ACCESS 2.0

> TIA,
> Brett

Make a copy of the old field, i.e. create a new field in your database
which has the same properties of the 'old' one. Then go through the
database and copy the field contents from the old to the new one. Then
delete the old field. Then create a new field with the name of the
old one but the new field size. Then go again through the database and
copy the copy of the old field to the new field... Then delete the
copy of the old field... Sounds quite complicated, but it works like
this on our application.

Any better ideas?
--
.                              .   .                                 .
.               Later,          \ /                                  .

Mon, 28 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. HOW TO change field size and delete field

2. Jet/Access: change field size in VB code???

3. How to modify the field length from an access-field in Ms-VB

4. VB 3.0 Changing the size of a text field in an Access database

5. Change Access 97 Field sizes using VB 6

6. VB code to change Access DB field size???

7. Changing MS Access field names with VB

8. deleting date-field in vb6 with ms access

9. changing field type/size in Access 97 using vb6

10. Exporting Access fields into an MS Excel field

11. how change the size of a field in ACCESS With VB5

12. Displaying MS Access fields over 255 characters (Memo fields)