See-thru check boxes in VB5 Pro?
Author Message
 See-thru check boxes in VB5 Pro?

Hi all,

Is there any way to make a GRAPHICAL check box show the form underneath
it, even if it has a caption on it?  I tried putting a masked bitmap pic
on the box and setting the UseMaskColor value to true, but no-go.  I'd
like to see the form under the control somehow, as if the control was
made of clear cellophane or something.

And yes, it has to be a graphical checkbox control -- ie. I can't swap
it for another control that looks similar (eg. a command button).

Regards, Otser.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 See-thru check boxes in VB5 Pro?

Quote:
> Hi all,

> Is there any way to make a GRAPHICAL check box show the form underneath
> it, even if it has a caption on it?  I tried putting a masked bitmap pic
> on the box and setting the UseMaskColor value to true, but no-go.  I'd
> like to see the form under the control somehow, as if the control was
> made of clear cellophane or something.

no, you can't make it transparent

Quote:
> And yes, it has to be a graphical checkbox control -- ie. I can't swap
> it for another control that looks similar (eg. a command button).

You can make your own using lines for borders and transparent labels - try
it.  :-)

   Peter

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 See-thru check boxes in VB5 Pro?

Quote:
> > And yes, it has to be a graphical checkbox control -- ie. I can't swap
> > it for another control that looks similar (eg. a command button).

> You can make your own using lines for borders and transparent labels - try
> it.  :-)

Thanks, but with >100 checkboxes that would be a lot of rewrite.  :)

Regards, Otser.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 See-thru check boxes in VB5 Pro?
Write your new checkbox as an ActiveX Control.

Quote:

>> > And yes, it has to be a graphical checkbox control -- ie. I can't swap
>> > it for another control that looks similar (eg. a command button).

>> You can make your own using lines for borders and transparent labels -
try
>> it.  :-)

>Thanks, but with >100 checkboxes that would be a lot of rewrite.  :)

>Regards, Otser.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 See-thru check boxes in VB5 Pro?

Quote:
> Write your new checkbox as an ActiveX Control.

Don't know how, and I'm not about to change 100 existing checkboxes
to a new object.  :)

Regards, Otser.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 See-thru check boxes in VB5 Pro?
I didn't think there is such things as transparent ActiveX Controls, thus
rendering this idea useless!

 Peter

Quote:
> Write your new checkbox as an ActiveX Control.

> >> You can make your own using lines for borders and transparent labels -
> try
> >> it.  :-)

> >Thanks, but with >100 checkboxes that would be a lot of rewrite.  :)

> >Regards, Otser.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 See-thru check boxes in VB5 Pro?
Peter,

he meant create a ActiveX control of the checkbox created with the lines, so
whenever you need the transparent checkbox, just drop the object on the form

Peter Quick
Tekton IT
Software Developer (VB, SQL Server, Clarion, ...)

PS: I'v read some of your replys and let's say 70% of the are useless, stop
doing that !

Quote:
> I didn't think there is such things as transparent ActiveX Controls, thus
> rendering this idea useless!

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Check boxes will not check! vb5

2. Seeing which radio button is checked?

3. FS: VB5.0 Pro and VB4.0a Pro

4. FS: VB5.0 Pro and VB4.0a Pro

5. access paint shop pro thru VB4

6. Spell checking RTF text thru DDE

7. Checking NT passwords thru VB

8. IE5 turns VB5 Pro into VB5 Learning Edition

9. VB5 Pro & VB6 Ent Kill VB5 Programs

10. Upgrade from vb5,0 Pro to vb5.0 Enterprise

11. Anyone seen bug in subroutine fill of multiple combo boxes

12. VBA Check and Option Check Boxes