Compile RC-file to Resource-file with RC.exe
Author Message
 Compile RC-file to Resource-file with RC.exe

I made up a scriptFile exactly as in the vb5 help example.
On the screen the RC.exe file is seen to be running, but
no resourceFile is made and there's no error-message.
Kan somebody help me?.

Asger

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Compile RC-file to Resource-file with RC.exe
How is rc called? You must use rc /r to generate a .res file.
Otherwise, it will only parse the rc file

Usage:  rc [options] .RC input file
Switches:
   /r    Emit .RES file (optional)
   /v    Verbose (print progress messages)
   /d    Define a symbol
   /u    Undefine a symbol
   /fo   Rename .RES file
   /l    Default language ID in hex
   /i    Add a path for INCLUDE searches
   /x    Ignore INCLUDE environment variable
   /c    Define a code page used by NLS conversion
   /w    Warn on Invalid codepage in .rc (default is an error)
   /n    Append null's to all strings in the string tables.

Quote:

>I made up a scriptFile exactly as in the vb5 help example.
>On the screen the RC.exe file is seen to be running, but
>no resourceFile is made and there's no error-message.
>Kan somebody help me?.

>Asger

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Calling RC.DLL instead of rc.exe

2. help compile .rc to .res file

3. Resource files rc/res problem :(

4. Q:Resource file (.RC) editor

5. I need a tool for edititing resource files (.res or .rc)

6. #DEFINE IN .RC (RESOURCE) FILE

7. I want Commonrc.rc, Setup1.rc in your VB5.0 setup kit directory

8. Specify DLL version when using mc.exe, rc.exe and/or link.exe

9. WANTED: SDK3.1 LIBW.LIB, LIB.EXE, LINK.EXE, RC.EXE

10. Help compile .rc to .res

11. translations (resource, *.rc) available?

12. Experts in RC.script Compiling -read this